A guy likes me but i don't like him, should i just give him a chance?

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 03:01 am
i'm 22 and a graduate student in her masters degree. my height is 149cm, weight 50kg, waist 30", knda fat and tan. i never had a boyfriend and no one had really courted me. then there is this guy who told me he likes me during 2nd yr college, i turned him down because i felt like i was not ready to be in a relationship then he said he was only joking. as far as i can remember he never really did anything to show he cares about me. then after 2 yrs now he texts me and ask if i wanna hangout with him, we made plans but failed because my school and his workplace is really far (like 6hrs away). then we're planning to hangout again. he asked me if i had a boyfriend and when i said no, he said he was glad. i'm afraid to turn him down again because what if no one will ever court me again. but i don't really like him. he never showed he cared about me for 4yrs of being classmates. College was hard and he never helped me or showed that he was there for me. i feel like i'm only an option to him not a priority. but i'm afraid to be single forever . . .i'm afraid no one will ever like me again. so should i give him a chance even though i don't like him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 567 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 03:10 am
@reminelle,
I guess not, with him being 6 hours away. If he were handy, you might meet up with him just for the experience, but with no feeling on your part and very little on his that I can see, it doesn't seem worth the bother.

At 22, you've got some years to go, and something good will happen along the way. Don't push yourself just because you think you ought to.

0 Replies

henrjon90

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 05:59 am
@reminelle,
I think there will be more choices when you step into society,or just make serious consideration before make decisions
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 06:03 am
@reminelle,
Quote:
i'm afraid to turn him down again because what if no one will ever court me again. but i don't really like him.

For God's sake! You don't like him. is your life worth so little that you are happy to be stuck with someone you don't like? That is the issue, not this guy.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 07:49 am
Actually, it sounds like you might be perfect for each other, even if only for awhile.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 09:13 am
@reminelle,
Your weight is normal.
You are tan colored? So what?
It sounds as if you may have some self esteem or self image problems.

You said you don't like him in your title. Why then would you go out of your way to meet him six hours away or even if he came there? Or is that a matter of your not having a crush on him? I read you as completely uninterested unless he is the last man on earth for you.

Also, college is hard for the majority of students. I don't mean to be mean when I say all this, but sometimes when people are growing up, and at 22 people still are in the process of it, they don't develop curiosity/interest about others lives as much as they worry about how people think of them. It's a fairly normal phase but can be in your way regarding what you would like to happen, that is, getting people to like you.
0 Replies