Hillary's email scandal will never go away

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 03:20 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/29/the-state-department-concludes-there-is-top-secret-material-in-hillary-clintons-email-correspondence-from-her-time-as-secretary-of-state/

The State Department: Hillary Clinton’s email correspondence contained ‘top secret’ material
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 5,267 • Replies: 112

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 06:46 pm
At the very least there likely will be 8 years of Republicans heading investigations and calling for indictment and impeachment.
roger

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 06:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
My guess is that it will all go away after the election.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 07:11 pm
@roger,
Like Whitewater did?
roger

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 08:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Either she wins or will never be a candidate for anything again. No more point in pursuing her than Richard Nixon, who she reminds me of for some reason.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 08:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The State Department: Hillary Clinton’s email correspondence contained ‘top secret’ material

. . . as classified after the fact. I think this scandal is as fake as the one about Cruz's eligibility to run for president. One thing I'd like to know but couldn't figure out yet: do voters care? Or is it just politicians and journalists? What's the evidence on this?
roger

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 08:25 pm
@Thomas,
If that kind of stuff will sink Hillary and/or Ted, this voter will care a lot.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 08:32 pm
@roger,
Everybody but a conservative republican or a Clinton hater knows this is bullshyt. They have tried to hang her for two years over this crap and have done nothing but make most just say "SO WHAT"!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 09:02 pm
The state department has not clarified whether some of the emails were already classified, according to today's report, so how do you people know all the answers?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 09:03 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Everybody but a conservative republican or a Clinton hater ...

That covers an awful lot of people.
Lash

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 09:53 pm
@Thomas,
Where's the evidence of your claim?
revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:08 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
. . as classified after the fact. I think this scandal is as fake as the one about Cruz's eligibility to run for president. One thing I'd like to know but couldn't figure out yet: do voters care? Or is it just politicians and journalists? What's the evidence on this?

Exactly, from what I understand, it is a matter of dispute of what IG considers classified and what the state department considers classified.

Next, I hope Edgar doesn't bring up Benghazi. I am disappointed.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:19 am
@Lash,
I posted a link on the Hillary thread a few weeks ago, you can google it yourself.
Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:28 am
@revelette2,
Thomas made a claim. He can back it up or leave it hanging. You are excused from that conversation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 10:08 am
Most responses are based on older news reports, so I assume they passed over reading the latest from yesterday.
revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes, I did, I see now this is the state department. I am not finished reading it. Will get back.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:31 am
Clinton has said now that emails in question was not classified at the time they were sent, the State Department has not yet made that determination, according to your source.

Quote:
Clinton has also said that the information in question was not classified at the time the emails were sent — a point that intelligence officials have disputed.

State Department spokesman John Kirby said Friday that his agency had not yet made a determination on that key question.

I still believe it to be the same unless something really big pops up, I doubt it though, I don't think it will be any factor in voting for anyone except for those already persuaded it is a big deal, or partisan and never would vote for her in the first place. I doubt Sander's brings it up, some of his aides or reporters might, but I don't think he will he like it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:41 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
At the very least there likely will be 8 years of Republicans heading investigations and calling for indictment and impeachment.

Despite the years of investigation and impeachment, Bill Clinton did a pretty good job, so I am not sure that is relevant to Hillary as a choice of President at the voting polls.
Lash

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 12:04 pm
@revelette2,
He was largely to blame for the crash of 2008 - families were wiped out because he wanted to construct a legacy for himself and open some regulation floodgates so that he and his family would be billionaires...and Hillary is at the door to cash in.

Glass-Steagall lays at his feet, openly allowing any oligarch the ability to pay off a politician for laws and de-regs that make us unhealthy and poorer while they are further and grossly enriched.

Black Americans are jailed in record numbers because of the system Clinton constructed and profits from. His wife carries that legacy - and that open
purse being filled by the Clintonian prison for profit system.

You consider that a good job, really?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 01:19 pm
http://brainsandeggs.blogspot.com/2016/01/clinton-and-her-e-mails-again.html

However, as we previously noted, the implications are tough for the DOJ: if they indict, they crush their own candidate’s chances of the presidency. If they do not, someone will leak the details and the FBI will revolt… The leaking of the Clinton emails has been compared to as the next “Watergate” by former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova this week, if current FBI investigations don’t proceed in an appropriate manner. The revelation comes after more emails from Hillary Clinton’s personal email have come to light.
“[The investigation has reached] a critical mass,” DiGenova told radio host Laura Ingraham when discussing the FBI’s still pending investigation. Though Clinton is still yet to be charged with any crime, DiGenova advised on Tuesday that changes may be on the horizon. The mishandling over the classified intelligence may lead to an imminent indictment, with DiGenova suggesting it may come to a head within 60 days.
“I believe that the evidence that the FBI is compiling will be so compelling that, unless [US Attorney General Loretta Lynch] agrees to the charges, there will be a massive revolt inside the FBI, which she will not be able to survive as an attorney general,” he said.
“The intelligence community will not stand for that. They will fight for indictment and they are already in the process of gearing themselves to basically revolt if she refuses to bring charges.”
The FBI also is looking into Clinton’s email setup, but has said nothing about the nature of its probe. Independent experts say it is highly unlikely that Clinton will be charged with wrongdoing, based on the limited details that have surfaced up to now and the lack of indications that she intended to break any laws.