What do you do?

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
Sue me for asking the 101 questions, but I figure someone will be bored enough to entertain me.

Nothing on tv tonight (yes, you've got a junkie on your hands), so all I have is you. ...and my 12 cats.

What do you do?

Most importantly, if I moved to your state and city and you had a secretary position, would you hire me?

I don't know where I'll be moving after I graduate with my stepford wife degree, but I want to know I have a place to lay my brown bag every morning. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,272 • Replies: 47
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:55 pm
Well, Two and a Half Men followed by CSI Miami is on CBS tonight. So how can you say there's nothing on TV?

Is that avatar really you?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
Do you really drive that car?

Actually, I was hoping Trading Spouses was on.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:03 pm
Quote:

pretty damn funny
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:21 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:

Actually, I was hoping Trading Spouses was on.

edited I posted this when I was drunk it sounded humorous then and offensive when I was sober . My apologies
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:36 pm
Will that brown bag have lunch in it? Hey, I gotta know what I'm gettin' myself into here.

Actually, I work for A2K (while I continue to search for regular database work), and it's out of my home. Working here means neither of us are paid anything, but we do get to take frequent gardening breaks (not that I've done any gardening recently, mind you, but just in case the urge strikes, we're free to do so).
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:40 pm
ouch.

thankfully some of us can have fun, poke and "get" when people are joking.

Is this the kind of place you have to right *joking* at the end of everything for the person to know they weren't serious?

Thankfully I'm having fun. Can't help if I can't please everyone. Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:46 pm
Quote:
Actually, I work for A2K (while I continue to search for regular database work), and it's out of my home. Working here means neither of us are paid anything, but we do get to take frequent gardening breaks (not that I've done any gardening recently, mind you, but just in case the urge strikes, we're free to do so).

Well hopefully I can end up starting my own agility/dog training business [from home], so I can take several breaks to get gardening tips from you. I know nothing about it. I stick to bamboo plants. Lucky and live forever with little care! Or it's just an Asian thing I picked up from momma.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:46 pm
I'm just-a-housewife and part-time harpy. I can't use a secretary, but I need a house cleaner who can double with garden labor.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:48 pm
What's the pay, Noddy? I might be available.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:49 pm
Bring the dog(s) over and it's a deal. Then we can fly to Noddy's and do some planting. If you have any terriers, I'm sure we can convince them to do any required digging.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:50 pm
Don't do it noddy, he's only after your cats!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:50 pm
whats a Stepford wife degree? Is that the updated version of the "pre-wed" program? or the Ivy League version of "you want fries wit dat".

I havent officially greeted you yet . So, here it comes .

Official greetings , and something of which youre gonna hear alot ...
WELCOME ABOARD, (a good maritime expression that has been stupidly popularized by companies that employ suits)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
Quote:
Don't do it noddy, he's only after your cats!!!

<Gustav slowly limps away, thwarted again, stomach growling, knees weak. Must find cat soon. Must eat..>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
GUS IS FROM MELMAC

you really have 12 cats, or s that a wish? If you have 12 cats your evenings already planned , what with the litter box changing and hairball medicine.
(Proud owner of a 26 pound maine Coon and an 8 pound city cat that my crew and I rescued from a water filled basement of a building that we were going to drop)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:57 pm
farmerman, maybe a little of both. ha.

My degree is a "leadership" degree for entry level agriculture jobs, basically.

As for the pooches, no terriers, but I'd train your dog to fold your laundry if you taught me how to garden. I've got what on "intelligence charts" would be considered a dumb dog, but she definitely doesn't know it. Only little Maltese I know that beat Border Collies and Labs in obedience training and tricks! Smile Now that she's an adult I'm sure they can beat her but as puppies they couldn't. I love her so much. ...and no boys, you can not use her as a football.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 05:59 pm
Quote:
Proud owner of a 26 pound maine Coon and an 8 pound city cat that my crew and I rescued from a water filled basement of a building that we were going to drop)

I love maine coons! I want to get a ragdoll, which is a tad bigger than a maine coon. Problem is, I'm an evil cat owner. My cat is shaved. I'm kind of obsessive about hair. NO one can tell though since she's already short-haired. She doesn't mind either.

Only 1 cat. Roommate has 2.

BTW, pretty sweet of you rescuing it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 06:08 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 06:09 pm
Gus--

Low cholesterol cooking and a tent in the back yard. If you don't take food in the tent, the bear won't bother you.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
You're really going to let him sleep in your back yard? You must not have any cats noddy?
0 Replies