Responsibility

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
Well, I know some who aren't, but their kids don't give them reason to be either ;-)

I know I'm very proud of my own son, since he's a great kid (soon to be adult, sigh), but not all are as wonderful as you guys ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:04 pm
Sad to say, but no, Rick, not all parents are proud of their kids. Not all parents would try to give their kids the best possible 18th birthday they could manage, either. There are a lot of parents who simply don't care or are too busy with their own lives. And a lot of kids who wouldn't appreciate it if they did.

This is something she wants to do for you. Because she loves you, and it's an important date for HER as well as you. She knows you won't be around for many more birthdays...this may be her last chance to do something like this for you. Try to see it from her point of view. It's a rite of passage for her as much as it is for you.

And be grateful that she loves you enough to want to do this. You will have many birthdays in the years ahead when no one will even think of throwing a party for you. Then you may wish someone would. I know I did.

Ask her if you can choose the music, some of the food, and other things if you want more control. But be aware that in the years ahead, you'll likely have all the control over such things...and none of the help.
0 Replies