Curious and confused

Pattyna

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 08:52 am
Hello guys. I just would like yo ask you something. All my life I was thinking that I was straight until my second year in college came. I became very attracted to a girl who is actually my closest friend in school. She admitted that she was a bisexual. However, it seems like she is not yet ready to date women. I don't know why I was attracted to her. I wanted to admit to myself that I am also a bisexual and tell her about it. Also, she is the type of person who easily gets awkward. I am worried that if I tell her, our friendship will come to an end. Another thing, I searched in the net for the different signs of attraction and I have observed some of it from her like she laughs with my corny jokes, looks at me everytime she makes a joke, goes a little but shy when we're together and her eyes got "sparks" everytime she looks at me. I dont want to assume. And yes, I'm really confused. Im not against lesbians but I kinda find it odd to date women (or my brain tells me that but my heart says "go"). And because of this feeling, I am starting to get shy everytime I'm with her. It's like, I make sure I wont do anything stupid that will make her get annoyed or disgusted. Can you please help me? Asking her is the nearest option but I hope you understand that it's very risky (when it comes to her). Thanks guys.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,110 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Pattyna

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 08:56 am
@Pattyna,
Do you guys think she likes me? Another factor that makes me doub is, she is a touchy person but she does not touch me because she said my skin was ugly. Lol. That makes me think that "nah she's not attracted to you"
0 Replies

Karen25

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2016 07:45 pm
@Pattyna,
Hi Pattyna,
You noted a few points that I want you to consider.

You shared
Quote:
All my life I was thinking that I was straight until my second year in college came. I became very attracted to a girl who is actually my closest friend in school.

Could you be attracted to this girl because
Quote:
she laughs with my corny jokes, looks at me everytime she makes a joke, goes a little but shy when we're together and her eyes got "sparks" everytime she looks at me.

Is she the first person to act this way around you?

You also noted
Quote:
However, it seems like she is not yet ready to date women. I don't know why I was attracted to her.

My suggestions are: 1. really spend time with yourself to determine if you are a bisexual in the first place since this is a new experience for you or are you saying this because she is expressing she is bisexual.

2. Explore what is making you feel attracted to this girl. Are you attracted to other girls or just this girl?

3. Since you noted she is not yet ready to date women, you have to make the decision whether you are ready to risk the friendship if she does not reciprocate your feelings.

4. She may feel safe around you, so she may be just being herself with you, so be yourself and if it is meant to be let it happen naturally.

5. If you already counted the cost, and ready to go for broke, then Just Do It. i.e. share that you are bisexual and that you like her. The worst thing that could happen is the friendship is over, and the best thing that could happen is you have your first girlfriend.

0 Replies