Really need help with my relationship...I feel kinda trapped

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:42 pm
This is long, but I really need help with my 17 year old boyfriend. I'm 19. I love my boyfriend so much, we've been together for 3 years. But lately, he's been accusing me of cheating on him...which I don't understand why....because I have been nothing but faithful to him in this whole relationship. Everytime I go out, whether its just to the store, or I'm out with my family, he gets really wierd with me and asks "Should I trust you? Are you cheating?" and then he will be really mad. Its winter break, and this whole break I've been sitting at home, really bored, because I'm afraid to go to my friends house or even treat myself and go shopping because I'm scared he will start getting iffy with me when I'm out in public. Whenever he accuses me of cheating, I get really sad and even start crying sometimes, because it hurts that he thinks this of me. So I don't want to do that in public. I've tried everything.....we snapchat every single day, so he sees what I am up to at all times, and when I have to go somewhere, I always invite him once he starts getting suspicious. But he always refuses to come along. He goes to his friends house every day almost. I never question him,sometimes when we snapchat, he is at his friends house he sends me a black screen....I know if I ever did that, he would freak out at me and tell him to show him what I am doing. I don't question him because if I do, he will get mad at me. It sucks because now since, I sit at home, I get really bored. And when I ask to hang out with him, he gets angry and says I am clingy. But really, I have nothing to do because he will get mad at me unless I'n with him. Like today, I asked him if we can hang out, and he kind of led me on by saying "Maybe...I guess we could" and then he told me his other friend wants to hang out with him so he is gonna hang with him instead...So I don't understand....Im really not happy, at first it was alright, but now sitting at home everyday and having to basically get his permission to go out and even to go shopping and stuff is getting old. I want to get out of the house, but I don't want him to freak out at me. Sad Why does he have to be like this? I let him do literally everything, because once I tried to hold him back like he is to me, and then I grew up and realized that its a horrible thing to do. And all I want for him is to be happy. I feel like he doesn't take into consideration, that sitting at home all day and being accused of cheating really hurts me and scares me. And if he does, he doesn't care. I feel like he is taking me for granted. I know he isn't cheating on me, by the way. We have access to eachothers facebooks and snapchats and phones whenever we want to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,016 • Replies: 3
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:47 pm
Just so we know, do you want feel good advice, blunt adult advice or compassionate listening?

I have advice, but would prefer to find out what you are actually looking for before I impose myself.
itskaylaray

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:50 pm
@McGentrix,
I'd like any kind of advice. Probably realistic blunt advice. Thank you
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 06:18 pm
@itskaylaray,
Ok, he is 17. He is a kid still. You should run away as fast and as far as you can. These first relationships will form the base of all your future relationships and you do not want to start this way.

He may seem to be the man of your dreams, but he isn't. He's a child playing house with you. You need to grow up and be an adult now. You are 19. You will have plenty of healthy relationships in your future and this, as you've described it, is not healthy. Your boyfriend needs to trust and love you as much as you do him. It has to be an equal partnership or it will never work.

So, my advice to you is to move on from this one and get back to leading your life. Find new friends and new stuff to do. You are only young once and please don't waste it on someone that doesn't love and trust you as a person and equal.
0 Replies