Found out my partner was cheating on me and he called the police on me.

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 02:50 am
Hi,
Edit- sorry about the spelling mistakes this is was written on my iPhone and I can't scroll to correct it!

I've been with my partner for a year and a half.
I wouldn't say we had the best relationship we had our ups and downs over little things that would cause big fights.

He's a very charming and affectionate man most days. He's always there for me when I call him and takes good care of me when I'm unwell or hungover. No matter what I want to do if I said lets go to the beach or go to the zoo it world be all planned out by him.

However, like I said we did have our ups and downs!
When we thought he wouldn't talk to me and would get verbally abusive
He would kick me out the house take back the key or if he was driving pull over the car and tell me to walk. This would be over nothing. One time I ordered pink bank cards as we had s joint account and he went off the wall verbally and mentally abusive saying I was stupid that I never think of him. One time I was helping lift the garage door as it was broken and when I lifted it he had gone driving off somewhere. I didn't know where he was so waited for ages... My phone battery was dying so I text him saying I dunno where you've gone I'm walking to my sisters how. Next min my phone is blowing up if I don't come back now we are over etc.

All this and more happened which one day it lead me to hit him... I just blacked out he was moving house and I was helping him pack when he was upset with how I put the microwave in the car. Again he stopped the car and asked me to walk home while I was in my pjs, I asked him to call me a cab to which he said no... It all got out of hand I got angry and hit him. He ran out the car and said he would call the police. I asked him to do this I said I want to talk to them to. He didn't and in the end I did walk home I have a nap and wake up with police at my door he has put a restraining order against me.

My keys were still at his hows which he dropped off a few days later for me secretly and he also got one of his lawyer friends to contact me knowing I wouldn't have known the law here.. He's a citizen I'm not. A few days pass and we get back in contact. He says he loves me but too much is going on. He says he wants to marry me one day etc but we are at a bad place etc. He said he put this in place because he was angry etc I read the statement and it was all
A lie. A few days more he said he will drop the order and we start to get back together he picked up the form to drop it and we start seeing each other again. Things are going really well! But because of Christmas we had to wait to go to court and hand in the papers to drop the order.

One night after work I came by his house he met me downstairs as I had arrived in a cab and said please ill order you a cab don't turn up like this I have a headache. He said you can't keep doing this despite the fact that I spend every other night that and was there all last night and with him in the day. I knew something was wrong.. I said ok but I'll pick up my things. He didn't follow me to the door I tried to open it it was locked so I knock it and after a while a girl replied and said who is it. I wasn't angry and said to the girl who are you? Hunny I'm not mad at you I just want my
Things.. He had done a runner and I shouted my battery is dying please call me a cab he shouted back ok. I then shouted are you going to talk to me about the he said no...he then said he's calling the police this whole time I was chilling on the floor I didn't go after him or scream at him I said will there's are girl in there you are cheating on me and I want my stuff I spoke to the girl through the door but she wouldn't reply. I told her I was with him last night and I have all the text. He called the police they came for me and said we can see you are not angry or agressive we will take you home I asked for my things and he lied and said I have nothing there. I'm then put into the back like a criminal. The police read all my text and said they maybe pressing charges against me due to the ivo still being in place.

I haven't heard a word from him since not even a sorry nothing.
The whole day he was texting me I love you I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm going to buy you s promise ring etc. Now it's like we never existed none of that ever happened he has no guilt or remorse. That day before this happened We spent the day being silly and playing around like wrestling in bed, having a shower together and washing each other's backs. He washed all down my legs. We had breakfast together and I noticed his energy was off I mentioned about it and he was in a rush to tidy the house and get his car cleaned etc and kept asking me if his place is nice... A few days ago he was also freaking out about buying a shirt he really wanted to impress someone (he told me it was his friends leaving do) we went around the shops all day and he was frantic about how he would look he ended up spending $500 on a top as the first one he bought wasn't good enough. The same way he was frantic about that he was frantic about his apartment looking good that night.

For me it's odd why would he carry on seing me if he's in a relationship with someone? Why hasn't he apologised? Was it all just s lie? For what? Why has he put me in danger with the police?

I know our relationship was rocky but the past month it has been like we were first dating and he got so excited about us getting back together when I showed him affection he really responded to it and was so content.

His friends didn't know about her and thought he was back with me
could he be a narsicist? I had thought so in the past... Wouldn't the normal reaction be to offer an explanation? Or maybe he is perusing her?
I couldn't fault our recent time together since all the drama in the past.. Which is why I didn't get it we had issues in the past yes but recently none. We were doing the were just friends thing for one month but the past month we have been together. And he was having a relationship with her not a fling.

He really cares about how he looks and wants to impress he and made a comment previous that I accept him for who he is which is why he didn't tidy the house for me.

Any advice on this would be good as I'm really confused.
I thought maybe he was uncertain about us with our rocky past but the no contact now makes me think that's not true. And he has put me in danger as I may get deported
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 793 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 07:56 am
Don't stay another minute with this manipulative, nasty loser.

Get a friend to come with you and get your stuff. Make sure the case is dropped against you (or go to court and defend it if you must). Block him on your phone and all social media. Don't go to his house or neighborhood anymore. Period.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 08:21 am
@Peachkandy,
You have a restraining order against you. That means you stay away.

You violated the restraining order. This was a big mistake on your part. Once there is a restraining order against you it is your responsibility to stay away no matter what he does (until he lifts the restraining order). It isn't that hard to do. You failed to do this.

It is pretty simple. The relationship is over. Nothing else matters... it doesn't help you to sit and think about how he wronged you. It is completely irrelevant.

You need to accept this and move on.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 08:24 am
@Peachkandy,
I didn't read one thing in your post that would be a positive reason to try to stay in the relationship. I did read a lot of stuff that would a reason for leaving this idiot.

Jespah and I are in complete agreement. Get away from him. Find someone who will treat you properly. (Kicks you out of his car and makes you walk home? Seriously?)
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 08:44 am
@CoastalRat,
I wonder how different the responses to this post would be if the genders were reversed.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 10:10 am
@Peachkandy,
Peachkandy wrote:
He didn't and in the end I did walk home I have a nap and wake up with police at my door he has put a restraining order against me.

One night after work I came by his house

He called the police they came for me and said we can see you are not angry or agressive we will take you home

I asked for my things and he lied and said I have nothing there. I'm then put into the back like a criminal. The police read all my text and said they maybe pressing charges against me due to the ivo still being in place.

I haven't heard a word from him since not even a sorry nothing.

you need to stay away from him

There is a restraining order against you. The relationship is over.

Do not contact him. Do not respond to any contacts attempts by him.

You are no longer in a relationship with him.

Get on with your own life. Learn how to be a better partner in a better relationship.

__

since you apparently have a lot of problems with your phone battery that end up with you in trouble - get a new phone/battery so there are no more excuses
0 Replies

Peachkandy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 06:21 pm
@maxdancona,
What do you mean? Do you think people would reply differently?
Peachkandy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 06:22 pm
@jespah,
Thank you and everyone for the response.

Xx
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 07:38 pm
@Peachkandy,
I am suggesting that the responses would be quite different if you were a man, and told the exact same story. People supported you because you are a woman.

If you were a man with the same story people on this forum would have attacked you for violating a restraining order and would have assumed that your boyfriend (that is girlfriend) was the true victim.

Peachkandy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 10:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Maybe you are right...I don't know.

He had no reason to fear me he put one on me out of anger or so he said.
And why get the form and fill it out to drop it?
Why date me again? He came back into my life and I believed in every word he said.

I'm not saying I'm perfect I guess at some points we were both victims in the past when our relationship was rock bottom.
He called me crying and confessing he's love and want to be with me.we started back up again but the whole time he had another lady. Why not just leave me alone?
0 Replies

Peachkandy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 06:36 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thought I would give everyone an update...

The police contacted me and everything is fine regarding them they have told me to call them should he contact me and are putting me I touch with someone I can speak to regarding my depression from all of this.

I can't help but wonder if that girl never spoke to me through the door he would have just put this all on me and said I wasn't respecting his space and I would have felt bad and confused like what usually Happened. He would have then gone back to her saying sorry for my crazy ex and played happy families.

He did contact me and tell me a story.. Said he was unhappy and not in love with me etc. Was crying and said he's a bad person.

I couldn't get angry at him, I couldn't really feel anything about it. I couldn't even know for sure if it was the truth or genuine. I couldn't respond anyway so I guess this will now be s conversation between me and my therapist.
0 Replies