Is he flirting or am I overthinking?

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 02:08 am
I live with a male roommate and I am girl. We've hung out a lot together over the past few months. But more and more recently, it seems like we've been just upping the flirting game. Is he flirting with me in this situation or not?

Last night, we hung out and talked during the evening like we usually do. While we were in his room, he told me casually that my lips were chapped. He then proceeded to roam through his nightstand and pick out a chapstick (that he said was the best kind he had) and handing it over to me.

Now, I wanna make a point that my lips were definitely not THAT chapped. Like I'm not a person who for some reason refuses to use chapstick.

This has GOT to be his own way of flirting, right? maybe? HALP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,495 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 07:52 am
@chachagirl90,
It's not.

Please don't sleep with your roommate unless you're already in a relationship with each other. That way lies madness.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 08:04 am
@chachagirl90,
The act of offering you some of his lip balm has no inherent indication of a flirting situation to it. However, what you have observed about his presence (body language and eyes etc.), are what may give you an answer. Suffice it say, it's a stretch if you think that in itself is flirting. To me, those actions indicate that he's being considerate.

My word of caution:
If this is wishful thinking on your part, you may want to save yourself some trouble and find a dating situation outside of your roommate. It can get quite sticky very quickly. Especially if you don't know him really well and you aren't exclusive - just for starters. When that kind of situation ends..or goes bad, it causes nightmares.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 10:13 am
@chachagirl90,
Offering chapstick is not flirting.

He is your roommate, not a boyfriend.

If you are interested in dating him, ask him out on a date. Make it clear to him that you are interested.

There is no upside to guessing.
0 Replies