unconditional with limitations

Casant

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 10:38 am
Hi please help. My love just told me when I asked him if he cares/loves me by saying " uncondiotionally but with limitations". We are both in unhappy relationships with other partners. Please don't judge me I really just want to understand what his comment can mean or better understand it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 447 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 12:11 pm
@Casant,
If this were a grammar question or a logic question, I'd say it's either meaningless or inappropriate use.

The long and short of it is this:
Unconditional means ...without limitations.

So, if I were you, I'd be happy that he's says romantic things to you...but understand that such words are without substance - especially with both of you also still in other relationships.

Words mean little without being backed up with actions--which have real meaning. The reality is that both of you get out of those bad relationships and clear up your baggage. Then you can start listening and watching the meaningful actions.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 12:52 pm
@Ragman,
Canast's lover's statement sounds like a total contradiction.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 01:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Such are the ways of lust..err I mean love
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:59 am
@Casant,
How about "I love you unconditionally, but I don't want to be with you - I want to be with my wife"

Those saying it's a contradiction haven't thought about how you can love family members unconditionally (so to speak) without wanting to be with them (obvious, but used in a comparative sense to the 'it's a contradiction' statement), without loaning them money every time they ask, etc.
0 Replies