Your Top 5 Travel Destinations

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 03:39 am
New Zealand was named by Lonely Planets guides( a backpackers bible) as being in the Top 5 Destinations for 2003, along with Cambodia, China, Turkey and Cuba.
So my questions to you all is:

Whether you know all or nothing about any given place, whats your Top 5 Destinations if magically you had the money, time and airfares booked to go in 12 hours time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,256 • Replies: 66
No top replies

celticclover

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 03:41 am
My top 5:
Ireland Drunk
Wales Razz
Scotland Cool
Canada Very Happy
and Holland Laughing
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 04:54 am
Top:

Squaw Valley, USA
San Francisco, California,USA
New York City,NY, USA
Boston, Ma, USA
Chicago, Illinois,USA

( Not necessarily in that order Razz )
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 10:28 am
Australia
New Zealand
Peru
England
Brazil
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 10:29 am
Madagascar
Spain
Brazil
Vietnam
U.S.A
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 12:42 pm
Iceland
Greece
Argentina
India
Turkey
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 12:56 pm
China
Egypt
Brazil
Australia/New Zealand
French Polynesia
0 Replies

Kail

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 05:41 am
They would, in no particular order, be:

New Zealand
Australia
China
Cuba
Canada
0 Replies

Garath

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 06:48 pm
Mine would be:
China
Antarctica
Chilie
Brazil
Cambodia
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 01:12 am
mckenzie, When my nephew asked me to take his mother on a trip after her husband passed away, I told her to pick between China and Egypt. It seems we have similar tastes for what makes a great destination. I've traveled to seventy-five countries thus far, and will be going to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands on April 30 for 17 days. It's difficult for me to pick only five destinations, because I've enjoyed all my travels. I've yet to visit Brazil and the Igassu Falls, but I'm not sure I'll be making it there. I did a South America 12 night cruise from Valparaiso, around Cape Horn, and up to Buenos Aires last November, and enjoyed myself tremendously. In August, my wife and I are doing the Trans-Canada Train Tour from Montreal, Toronto to Vancouver. c.i.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 02:28 pm
****Ireland**** been a cuppla times - ready to go again at any tme!

Spain
Scandinavia
Italy
New Zealand

(Oz doesn't count - I live here already!)
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 02:33 pm
Mine is Ireland too Margo. Had to postpone it again, third year in a row. Never been but it's first on the list for me.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 01:09 pm
Mikey, ya gotta go!!!

Apart from anything else, Ireland is one of the cheaper countries to travel in (with Oz dollar Sad ) - unless you travel in brash American style. With the US dollar, it must be doubly cheap - and it's so close to you - only a couple of hours.

I may be heading for Europe again this year, and I'm trying to see if I can fit quick trip to Ireland in. So far only Sweden is pencilled in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 04:41 pm
Sweden is not exactly cheap! Wink LOL c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 04:44 pm
Visit Sweden or Denmark when the Winter just begins to end.
Heaven on earth.

And by the way, Swedes are very sexy when the nights become days.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 04:45 pm
I like Canada! Very Happy
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 04:50 pm
Australia/New Zealand
Cuba
Ireland/Great Britain
Egypt
Germany/France
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 05:07 pm
PDid, Australia and New Zealand were one of the last destinations I wanted to visit, because I didn't think there was anything special besides the Opera House in Sydney, but I was largely mistaken in my pre-trip perceptions. Our tour also included Fiji, and the trip was 22 days long, but I didn't feel homesick after the normal 15 days in a foreign country. I enjoyed the trip tremendously, although our tour included only the east coast of Australia, North and South Islands of New Zealand, and Fiji. The rain forest, the great barrier reef, Cairns, and Sydney were all fabulous destinations. While on our flight from Los Angeles to Sydney, I saw an ad of the Bridge Climb in the Qantas magazine. When we arrived, and told our tour guide that I wanted to do the Bridge Climb. Two other guys in our tour group joined me, and it was really a fantastic experience. The view of the bay, downtown Sydney, and the Opera House are spectacular from the top. The whole trip takes three hours, and I think we were charged $96 Australian, equivalent to about $63 US. Went on a cruise in the bay, went to the top of the tv tower, visited the Opera House, had great meals at Darlene Harbor and The Rocks. In NZ, we visited Queenstown, Christchurch, Arrowtown, Mt Cook, Milford Sound, Rotorua, and Auckland. We stayed at a resort in Fiji for three nights where they provided everything from horseback riding, snorkeling, fishing, bowling, swimming, cultural shows, and ofcoarse shops. c.i.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:41 pm
Sweden is far from cheap - hideously expensive would be more like it!
However, I have several friends there, so my costs are a tad reduced!

Sydney, of course, is a great destination, beautiful and interesting, and the people are special! And I've done the Bridge Climb, and agree with c.i. that it's spectacular. No alcohol beforehand - you'll be breathalysed!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 11:12 pm
Meditteranean cruise (Greece, bazaars of Turkey)
Egypt
Paris
Quebec
NYC
0 Replies