My boyfriend broke up with me but still texts

Zbax

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 01:02 am
My boyfriend broke up with me on the phone, we have been together for 3 months. We get along great. We both have kids and dating is hard working around them.
Anyway he rang this morning and said it wasn't going to work, he was sad and sorry and kept apologising. I didn't say much and when he was finished I said I was going to go. He has messaged since saying how great I am and he doesn't want me to spend New Years alone and he doesn't want me to hate him. I didn't reply. A few hours later he asked if I was ok. I eventually replied saying I'm good. He said he wasn't and he was really upset and worried about me and sorry and that he should probably leave me alone now.
Im confused that he is messaging. I'm upset we broke up and would have tried for longer to see if it worked, I'm not sure if he is regretting his decision. I don't know what to reply I don't want to be rude, but it hurts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 996 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 05:58 am
@Zbax,
Tell him this in-between stuff is hurting you.

He's got to make a choice. You're back together, or you're not.
Lisa Michael

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:23 am
@Zbax,
He said that he have to break up with you
Then
He said he shouldn't leave you alone now on the new year
You can figure out that he will leave you sooner or later, as he wasn't sure about his feelings toward you. Or he just was in a need for a girlfriend to get over his ex-gf or something like that.
I don't wanna u to get hurt more but I think he would be more serious if he's honest.
Let's not judge him, you guys have a talk. Frankly. No harm feelings. And qsk him in a very clear way what does he feel and what does he want?
Set a line and make a decision. don't go further while you're unsure. You don't need more scar. Good luck
Zbax

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 01:43 pm
@jespah,
Thank you :-).
0 Replies

Zbax

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 01:46 pm
@Lisa Michael ,
Thank you for the advice. I tend to shut down when I'm hurting, I'm thinking he didn't get the reaction he wanted hence the messages. He was trying to get more out of me. I hate the pain.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 02:09 pm
@Zbax,
Breakups can be hard on both sides.

Sometimes relationships continue - that shouldn't - because no one has the nerve to say the relationship isn't working.

Sometimes people try to force relationships when they should really be friends, not romantic partners.

That doesn't mean either of you is wrong - just both having a hard time knowing how to handle the breakup.

___

Maybe send a quick note letting him know that you'll be ok, but that it would help if he didn't contact you for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy New Year's with your children/family and then decide what you want to do in 2016.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 02:57 pm
@Zbax,
My thought are this.

Everyone has the right to make a decision of what they want out of life and who to be with.

Breaking up over the phone and not in person, to me shows a coward.

Breaking up just before NYE, is wrong in my opinion, you wait.

3 months is not long, obviously you two haven't been able to have enough time together as perhaps one would want and to me, for a man to fall in love it takes more time, whereby us women, bond immediately pretty much. I would not spend NYE with him if he text messages you as to me that would be that "he" doesn't want to spend it alone.

There are plenty of fish in the sea, find one that would face you, face to face and discuss how to change things for the better instead of "oh this is too hard", lovely lady though. Oh, texting is easier, a call to break up is easier, just sit back and imagine 1 year of you are not worth proper communication.

Have a happy new year, he's out there for you .
0 Replies

fanbrits

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 12:14 pm
@Zbax,
ugh i have the same. so annoying
0 Replies