Coworker or more?

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 10:20 pm
I have a good friend/coworker who asked for my help with a question. While looking at a map for the answer, she walked up behind me and leaned into me with her chest pressed firmly up against me for a few seconds while looking over my shoulder. I'm pretty naive when it comes to women hitting on me, but have questioned whether or not she was flirting w/ me in the past. Is she flirting with me or am I overthinking this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 10
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:06 pm
@Down4around,
Well, you might be over thinking it. Most women are not able to tuck their chest under their armpits to appear neutral. Even if they can, most gals don't think to tuck them in to avoid sending mixed signals.
FBM

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:16 pm
@Down4around,
In my experience, that sort of thing is hit and miss. Offhand, I can recall two times that this or something very much like it happened to me. One hit and one miss. I think you need to get a larger data sampling. Chat her up while she's orking a cow and pay attention to her body language, eye contact and the like. Best of luck.

ekename

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:55 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Chat her up while she's orking a cow

Could he be seen to be milking it as far as a coworker was concerned?

Is this episode just a drop in the bucket and pale by comparison with her other office movements and oeuvre?

At the very least he should ask her to come and have a look at something again.

I'd need to know more about the possible flirting in the past from a technical perspective so hope that he keeps us abreast of developments.

I may be over thinking about this but I doubt it.

0 Replies

Down4around

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 11:56 pm
@glitterbag,
It's not like we were in a confined space. And I would assume most women would avoid sticking their boob up against a male if they weren't making some sort of advance.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 12:09 am
@Down4around,
We carry those things wherever we go, what do you think happens when you hug Uncle Floyd? Breasts are fleshy and they get in the way. But if you are hard over that you received a sexual advance, live it up.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:26 am
@Down4around,
Ha ha ha nope.

We have chests. They stick out. Sorry we can't squash 'em when the space is close.

I once worked in a place where the photocopier was in a tiny space. One of the men used to rub up against the women when we were in that tiny space.

He was a perverted creep.

We were women who could not tuck our breasts in.

Get it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 09:59 am
But he didn't say the space was close and in another post said there was plenty of room.

Flirting, I'd consider it flirting, and I'm a breasty woman.. who has never done that, er, in the office.
I did have sex in the darkroom once, but that's long ago and another story all together.
Down4around

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 10:18 am
@ossobuco,
There was plenty of space and she is not a really busty woman. I'm guessing a 32b/c cup. She has made comments to me about her liking my pants when walking behind me and that I smell good. Those comments could be totally innocent, but she is the only person that makes those kind of comments to me.b that's why I'm questioning if there's more to it. I really am too naive to assume that someone is flirting w/ me.
jespah

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 11:50 am
@Down4around,
Hmm then perhaps there is something.

Recognize that dating people at work is nearly 100% a lousy idea.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 12:21 pm
@jespah,
True..
0 Replies