Why would my ex (dumpee) tryto get back together?

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 01:48 pm
My ex and I met two years ago I was 22 and he is a bit older, 38 but we were very happy together. He was abusive and controlling, he was constantly checking my phone and stuff.Then I cheated on him and broke up with him. I changed my phone number and got off facebook, changed my workplace. 9 months later, I open a new facebook and he messages me and adds me. He says he misses me and thinks we could be a "good thing" if I gave it a chance. Why would someone who got dumped try to get back together?I am confused Please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 817 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:34 pm
@monicasmith24,
'Cause he wants to try to contol you again.

Why are you even entertaining his bullshit?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:36 pm
@monicasmith24,
monicasmith24 wrote:
He was abusive and controlling,

Why would someone who got dumped try to get back together?

he lost control of you and wants it back

stay far far away from that person

he could only add you on FB if you allowed him to

block him
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 03:36 pm
If he knows where you live, seriously consider your options.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 07:15 pm
@monicasmith24,
The fact that he found you so easily and quickly means two things - both of which are troubling :
1. you didn't make yourself anonymous or untraceable enough
2. that he was seeking you out and is basically stalking you.

It'd seem to me that people the likes of him you'd want out of your life. I hope that you aren't corresponding through FB or other social media?

Hopefully, since then, you've found betters way of resolving your romantic entanglements other than by cheating.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 07:43 pm
@monicasmith24,
People missing ex-partners and wanting to get back together, even months or years later, is pretty common. Specially if they got dumped, because that often means the're the party that wanted the relationship to continue. I'm not sure why you're confused.

0 Replies