What do I do about him?

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 06:33 pm
I have been best friends with this guy since freshmen year of college. We're juniors now. Well we used to tell each other everything but then towards the end of sophomore year, he confessed his feelings for me. At the exact same time, my dad dropped a bombshell on my family about his affair with another woman and how he was moving out. This was a shock to my family and it destroyed part of me. Upon hearing this news, I sort of threw myself into a weird relationship with my guy friend. I really liked him but I didn't know how to deal with my feelings and my dad leaving. So this guy and I went on a couple dates where we kinda just cuddled and watched movies. He would text me everyday, however I never would text him first. I never even fully told him how I felt about him. He told me but I told him we would see where it would go. I couldn't handle having him as a boyfriend and then my dad. It was too much. Well this year, sometimes I'm positive he still likes me but other times I feel like he flirts with all the girls. In October he had asked me to go to this Halloween parade with him and he said that he missed talking to me, however I didn't follow up on him. He sometimes will message me but not nearly as much as he used to. We don't talk anymore because of the reality of us sort of "dating". I miss him so much it hurts. I dream about him every night (weird I know) and I can't get him off my mind. I never did tell him about my dad so he has no idea thats why I broke things off. What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 408 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 06:42 pm
@foreverhappy2160,
You know what to do. Talk to him. Talk to him in person, not texting, not even the telephone, unless it's to set up a talking time and place - but I think in person is better.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 06:46 pm
@foreverhappy2160,
foreverhappy2160 wrote:
What do I do?

Talk to him.

Try to calmly tell him about the complications in your family, that it upset you and that you are slowly coming to terms with it. Don't be overly dramatic about it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 07:38 pm
@foreverhappy2160,
Talking to him is fine - I'm sure he would even welcome it.

However, I would ask 'are your feelings for him of a romantic relationship nature? That is, just because you miss him terribly, doesn't mean you want to be his girlfriend. What do you truly want from him?

In relation to his flirting with other girls...remember, you broke things off with him, and don't return his calls...any guy who respects himself is going to look elsewhere in those circumstances.
0 Replies