I've been single for so long and I'm afraid I will be for longer, what should I do?

earinca

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 04:36 pm
I had my first boyfriend in 11th grade and he cheated on me, I never trusted him since and ended up in a terrible break up in 12th grade. I'm a sophomore in College now and I still haven't dated anyone yet. I've hooked up with guys, but I was either never really attracted to them or they weren't that into me back. I hadn't hooked up with a guy for over 5 months. Last night I finally had sex but it was awkward and not very good, but I really liked the guy. All my friends are meeting guys and getting into relationships and I'm the only one who has been single for this long. I'm not sure what to do but I would love to save the situation with him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 05:50 pm
@earinca,
There's much more to enjoy in life besides romantic relationships. Expand your horizons more. Find a hobby, take up jogging... there's a million others things that can fill your life. Make new friendships...female as well as male. Eventually you'll heal from that breakup

Good luck..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 05:52 pm
@earinca,
Stop hooking up. Start making friends. Male, female, older, younger, etc. That is, be a part of the world around you, and don't be so overly concerned with whether you'll love again or have sex again or trust someone again. Chances are incredibly good that you will, but you need to open your eyes to the possibilities out there.

I'd also suggest counseling as it's been a few years, and you're still having problems getting past it, and instead are engaging in risky behaviors. Your school undoubtedly has advisors. Talk to one.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 07:44 am
If really want to "save" this relationship, then WORK on it. Love has to be a verb, not a noun. So take an active role.

Don't worry about awkward first time sex. That's pretty common. Practice makes perfect and it takes time to get to know each other in bed.

0 Replies

Relationup

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 07:56 pm
@earinca,
You are not the only one - I promise. Life will surprise you when you least expect it. Don't wait around for Mr. Right and dwell on the fact that you are single. Put yourself out there, focus on yourself and the right person will come along when you are not looking!

Relationup
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:25 pm
5 months? You poor thing.
A. Learn to masturbate.
B. Respect yourself.

I 'll agree that I'm not gungho for hookups as some surcease for you, more that they would be trouble and possibly more loneliness.

Why on earth are you afraid you will be single for a while?

Your first task is to like yourself.
Don't go looking for a person to be a tedddybear.
0 Replies