Michael Moore is a selfish pig.

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:48 pm
A majority of Americans are overweight. I don't make fun of them even though when I see some fat butt pushing a cart through the supermarket and taking up more room than the cart I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing as they fill the cart with enough fattening food to turn a mouse into an elephant.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 08:37 pm
"So, you saw the movie, did you get your money's worth from it? Was it entertaining? I'll assume it wasn't informative to you since you saw him sensationalize things, juxtaposing unrelated incidents to make his own points... But was it thought provoking? "

It was all of that and more.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 10:14 pm
Great to see you back Harper.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:10 am
Moore or Pig?
Well, not to throw hot bacon grease on the fire, but no one has put up this link yet
For those who care:

Moore or pig?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:21 am
Heh. How long until someone reposts the Bush or Chimp pictures in retalliation?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:23 am
Depends on how busy PDiddie is.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:26 am
Not only are some Iraqi's upset with the farce, some G.I.'s too.

Quote:
G.I. pans '9/11' role

Hurt in Iraq accident, he rips cameo in flick

BY RICHARD SISK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Sgt. Peter Damon at mother's house in Brockton, Mass. Damon is angry about his involuntary appearance in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

WASHINGTON - Sgt. Peter Damon, who lost his right arm and left hand in Iraq, never set out to be a bit player in presidential politics and is furious at Michael Moore for making him one in "Fahrenheit 9/11."
"It ticked me off," Damon said of the 10-second clip in the Bush-bashing documentary that shows him being treated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington.

"I just feel it was wrong and I was violated in some way, seeing myself up there on the screen," said Damon, 31, of Brockton, Mass.

"I think [Moore] should be ashamed of himself," added Damon, who was severely injured in October in Balad, about 50 miles north of Baghdad, when a tire on a Black Hawk helicopter exploded as he was changing it. The blast killed Pfc. Paul Bueche, 19, of Daphne, Ala.

Damon said he has no regrets about his service with the Army National Guard or doubts about the U.S. mission in Iraq and resents his unwanted link with a film offering a contrary view.

"I'd like to go to the Republican National Convention and speak out about it," Damon said. "I agree with the President 100%. A lot of the guys down at Walter Reed feel the same way."

Moore's camp denied any intention to demean the service of U.S. troops through the film, which has become fodder for both sides in the race between President Bush and Democratic nominee John Kerry.

Joanne Doroshow, associate producer of "Fahrenheit," said, "Anybody who has seen the film knows we have nothing but the deepest respect for the soldiers who were wounded. One of the purposes of the movie was to examine the impossible situation they were put into and to raise questions about why they were sent there."

The brief video clip of Damon used by Moore was licensed from an NBC News segment that focused on the treatment of amputees at Walter Reed using a new regimen to block the excruciating "phantom pain" of limb loss, in which the patient still feels the pain of the missing limb.

Lt. Col. Chester Buckenmaier, the anesthesiologist who treated Damon at the 21st Combat Support Hospital in Iraq and later at Walter Reed, said he also was angered at the Moore film after he took Damon to see it in Bethesda, Md.

"I was appalled. This was Joseph Goebbels-type propaganda," Buckenmaier said, referring to the Nazi propaganda chief.

Moore took "a very positive thing we're doing for soldiers" who lost limbs and "used it to tell a lie," Buckenmaier said.

Lila Lipscomb, whose own appearances in the documentary are the emotional apex of "Fahrenheit 9/11," said she sympathized with Damon's distress, but disagreed with him on Moore's motives.

"Personally, I think it brings tremendous awareness to the world on what our soldiers have gone through," said Lipscomb, 50, of Flint, Mich., who lost her son, Sgt. Michael Pedersen, a 26-year-old Black Hawk crew chief, in Iraq.

"I don't see it as demeaning in any way," she added.

Her son was a seasoned soldier, Lipscomb said, who "knew what was going on and did not understand why we had to go." Her son told her before he left for Iraq, "'There's no reason for us to go over there,' but he knew his responsibilities and what he had to do," she said.

Both Damon and Buckenmaier said they were most incensed at what they felt was the depiction of soldiers as naive, underclass "children" forced to pay in blood for the geostrategic whims of callous politicians.

"The whole movie makes soldiers look like a bunch of idiots," Damon said. "I'm not a child. We sent ourselves over there" as volunteers for a cause, he said. "It was all our own doing. I don't appreciate him calling us children."

Source
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:56 am
So! Welcome to the mythical "lively debate". (It apparently isn't rocket "science" either.) But "Hey!" as they say.
Let's see: by now Little Mikey Moore is wrapping up his latest fictional film entitled: " Hurricane Charley:Cheap Republican Trick".
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:58 am
My favorite part of the sheeple * criticism of MM is when the writer says something to the effect of "Not only does he lie, he's fat." Is that what the originator of this thread meant by selfish, or what did he mean?

Selfish pig.

What an odd thing to say, he must not have much experience with pigs. He can't mean it in the sixties sense of the word because then, it meant to be part of the establishment, especially one of the police.... and he can't mean it in the seventies version when some members of society were labeled male chauvinist pigs which always seemed to me to be redundant.

Selfish pig. It doesn't seem to fit. Stupid pig, maybe. Reactionary pig, mmmm, okay. But mostly this seems to a juvinile taunt like doo-doo head by one of the sheeple who can see no wrong in those they follow to their peril.

I also like the claim that he didn't like any politicians. Yah, sure. Right.

Joe

*my new favorite word
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:12 am
Thanks Joe! Our riegning champ in Passive Aggression. Study his deft moves. The jab. The fient. The logical Rope-a-dope. His self-inflicted rabbit punches...while his opponent is resting between rounds.
The Man's a GENIUS!
0 Replies

Brand X

Chuckster wrote:
So! Welcome to the mythical "lively debate". (It apparently isn't rocket "science" either.) But "Hey!" as they say.
Let's see: by now Little Mikey Moore is wrapping up his latest fictional film entitled: " Hurricane Charley:Cheap Republican Trick".

Starring John Lying Kerry!

John Kerry feels the pain of those in the path of Hurricane Charley.

John Kerry told survivors that he too had been in a Hurricane, while George Bush had not. Kerry reported for the first time a secret mission that put him in a Hurricane on his Swift Boat in Vietnam (or maybe Cambodia - he's not sure). The purpose was to put an undercover special forces weatherman as close to the eye as possible, to evaluate the use of Hurricanes as weapons.

Kerry said he was personally ordered to this mission by Chuck Colson of the Nixon Administration, just before Christmas, 1968, while recovering from his wounds from Cam Rahn Bay that earned him his first purple heart. Admitting that the use of Hurricanes as weapons of war was a war crime, Kerry said "we all did war crimes, day by day, with the full knowledge of our superiors at all levels." So what's the big deal?"
0 Replies

Chuckster

Thanks Joe! Our riegning champ in Passive Aggression. Study his deft moves. The jab. The fient. The logical Rope-a-dope. His self-inflicted rabbit punches...while his opponent is resting between rounds.
The Man's a GENIUS!
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:13 am
The Man's a GENIUS!
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:33 am
Some things bear repeating. But this is ridiculous.

What? Another "Searing Memory"? See if you can squeeze it in over there under "More Of dem 'Dems Flim Flams"...just the other side of "Another Gay American"...just below "This Whole Shantung Wall Must Go!"
0 Replies