Michael Moore is a selfish pig.

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:35 pm
I am tired of hearin Michael Moore get praised on his authority bashing "documentaries". These are skewed images of what really happen. He doesn't hate Bush. He loves him. Bush is the man who gets Moore paid. I know I'll be bombarded by many left wingers who think he is leading the way and exoposing Bush's true flaws, but I am eager to hear your arguments. So bring it on, gimme the best you got, I'm listening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,361 • Replies: 33
No top replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 09:43 pm
Confused Shocked You're not really making a point. Bush means money for Moore. Umm ok. Work means money for me but i still hate it.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:08 pm
Why are you getting so testy Carbon? Does the truth hurt that bad? Wink

The last I heard this was a free country and as citizens we enjoyed free speech. Michael Moore is simply excercising his right. If you don't like the stuff he says or the praises of those who happen to appreciate and agree with him, don't listen to it. You have the option of living in your dittohead bubble world and remaining a Bush sheeple.

I am certain that Michael Moore would gladly give back every penny he earned from F 9/11 if the soldiers who have died and been wounded in Iraq could be alive and whole again as well as the innocent Iraqi's that lost their life in Bush's needless war.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:19 pm
Maybe you're right Carbon...

... but he makes darn good movies.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:28 pm
First of all, I'm anything but a Bush sheeple, I can't stand any politicians. Secondly, how can you be so sure that he would do this. How are you so convinced that he's such a great person, and wants what it best for America?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:35 pm
Don't put words in my mouth Carbon. I never said Michael Moore was a great person. I can see why you say your location is Siberia. Rolling Eyes

It's late and I have better things to do than argue with a person who has a mind as closed as yours.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:44 pm
I think anyone in the political forum has almost no open minds when it comes to political things. I'm sorry but people who venture for the most part aren't here to hear the others views, but to lobby and try and convince others that you are on the correct wing.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:46 pm
CarbonSystem wrote:
I think anyone in the political forum has almost no open minds when it comes to political things.

No kiddin', it makes them prone to sweeping generalizations I'm told.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:57 pm
I'm guilty as well. Sometimes I come in hear to blow of steam.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 11:40 pm
Sheeple?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:35 am
Hey CS - being a pig is a true and noble calling. Please stop insulting us by associating Citizen Moore with us.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 01:48 am
CarbonSystem wrote:
I'm guilty as well. Sometimes I come in hear to blow of steam.

No kidding, CS. You didn't say much of anything at all.
Quote:
I am tired of hearin Michael Moore get praised on his authority bashing "documentaries". These are skewed images of what really happen. He doesn't hate Bush. He loves him. Bush is the man who gets Moore paid. I know I'll be bombarded by many left wingers who think he is leading the way and exoposing Bush's true flaws, but I am eager to hear your arguments. So bring it on, gimme the best you got, I'm listening.

I was looking for more info on whether F9/11 is worth spending a few dollars to see or not (it finally made it to my little hamlet.) The controversy online intrigues me more than MM's p.o.v. I don't think we need MM to point our Shrub's flaws! Laughing It's not like he's trying to hide them, you know. They are right out there for everyone to see! I mean, you did see them before MM came to a cinema near you and pointed them out to you, right? Laughing So, you saw the movie, did you get your money's worth from it? Was it entertaining? I'll assume it wasn't informative to you since you saw him sensationalize things, juxtaposing unrelated incidents to make his own points... But was it thought provoking?

You've got no argument from me: MM is making documentaries to make a dollar and gain some power and fame. He's getting all of that, so he must be doing something right.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 07:09 am
I understand Lumpy's next *movie* will be aimed at the health care industry in which he'll try to "shame" doctors. I think it's recently been stated that obesity is now considered a disease.

Think this shining example of good health will include any reference to how this particular problem is contributing to rising health care costs?
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:58 pm
Or maybe he will use himself as a prime example of obesity, and explain that his doctor didn't make him fat, it was the krispy kreme donuts.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
One of my liberal friends (her distinction, not mine) offered to pay for my ticket if I'll go see F911, saying that none of her other "Republican friends" (her distinction, not mine) had taken her up on the offer. I said I'd be happy to, which seemed to take her by surprise. I'm not sure she actually intended to have to shell out the $ for someone else to see it. I suspect her goal was to prove something to herself about "all Republicans". (Oh well...)

I wonder whether she'll spring for popcorn and a drink, too. Cool
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:46 pm
I would love to hear what you think...
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:14 am
About the movie, or just in general? ;-)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 11:27 am
Well both....

but in my last post I was specifically talking about what you think about the movie. Please let us know...
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:06 pm
Some of the arguments against Moore are pretty decent, but that doesn't make all of his messae wrong. no matter how much spin you think he put in his movie, there is plenty in there that is straight fact that is EXTREMELY disturbing about Bush.
Even if Hitler said 2+2=4, that doesn't make it wrong. Know what I mean?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm
I don't mind CS comin in here to blow off steam. Just do me a favor. Don't take yourself too seriously.
0 Replies