Ex's who act mean.

whisper

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:07 pm
I have followed everyone's advice and I cut my ex out of my life. He told me that he didn't want to talk to see me either, because he can't get over me if he keeps on seeing me (I thought he WAS over me, that was a surprise)

So we aren't talking at all. But he got one of his guy friends to IM me and say these horribly mean things about how he doesn't want anything to do with me now and all this other messed up ****. Um, what is the deal with that? Why couldn't he have said it to my face? The things said were completely out of my ex's character and I'm wondering if there is some under lying meaning other than he's an asshole.

I seriously want nothing to do with either of those boys now, maybe that's what he wanted?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 704 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 07:24 pm
IMO, the best thing you can do is take the higher road. Don't respond to this IM or say "Thanks for sharing" and sign off.

From my own experience, getting what you feel out because it "needs to be said" ...only ends up revealing uglier sides of each other that may have not been apparent before.

If there is any hope for a friendship or moving on, it might start at ending all communication until things have cooled down.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:19 pm
Ignore it and write it off as sour grapes. It's not worth getting upset over. I mean, he's your ex and not current boyfriend for a reason, yes?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 10:47 pm
Since you're over it, move on ... don't even think of replying to these IM's, if you do, you're just egging them on.

Sounds like you made a wise decision to move on to begin with, so ........ let it go!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:57 am
whisper, it sounds to me like he just misses the good times with you and is mad that they are over and is taking it out on you
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 10:56 am
Whisper--

You can't understand/fathom/comprehend what your ex-boyfriend wants when you're talking face to face. Now you're trying to figure out what he wants when he's using a buddy as a mean mouthpiece.

Perhaps he didn't ask the buddy to send you nasty messages. Perhaps the buddy is just tired of hearing your ex moan and groan and dither about what to do.

Perhaps he did ask his buddy.

In either case, these guys are not treating you well. Your instinct not to have anything to do with them is excellent. Let them practice their courting and break up skills on some other woman--you've done your bit to add to their maturity.

School starts soon and as an unattached woman you have a whole new world out there. Let the past go...quietly.
0 Replies