CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:14 pm
I loved Ross Perot with all his little charts and his funny talk - he reminded me of Frank Perdue, the chicken guy.

Yeah, Bill Clinton was slick and he had more blood on his hands than we thought. I consider the Clintons as power and money hungry - that's where their loyalties lie. Hilary has got endorsements from many bank institutions and other lobbyist groups who will line up for pay back should she become president.

What's Bill going to do as "first husband" - chase every skirt in the White House again? Baking cookies is probably out.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:33 pm
@ossobuco,
I never liked LBJ. I voted for Goldwater.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 09:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
I knew a guy that was made stupid by his fanaticism for Perot. He told me brand new cars would cost a few hundred dollars under Ross. I forgot the other outlandish claims. No way Perot promised that. I don't know how it got started.
roger

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 10:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
. . . And a chicken in every pot.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 05:34 am
So...some of the political geniuses here in A2K want Sanders rather than another Clinton for president.

Why not "want" George Washington or Abraham Lincoln instead. They both have about the same chance of being elected our next president as does Bernie Sanders. Anyone here naive and foolish enough to want Bernie Sanders on the ticket in either spot...is exactly the kind of person the most conservative Republicans dream about.

Why do the pathetic extremists on both sides of the political spectrum think their nonsense will rule the day...when time and time again it has been shown they are wrong? And if you do not take my word for it...read the many quotes on that subject from former presidents Goldwater or McGovern.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 09:49 am
http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/15-ways-bill-clintons-white-house-failed-america-and-world

15 Ways Bill Clinton’s White House Failed America and the World
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:41 am
As I suggested...the nut cases on the left are every bit as screwy as the nut cases on the right. And neither faction should ever be calling attention to politicians doing damage to America or the world...because the do every bit as much damage as the any of the politicians they malign.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 10:54 am
Clinton Rape Story and other failures
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=644
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 11:09 am
http://plnami.blob.core.windows.net/media/2015/04/mad040915-800x500.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 11:10 am
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/22/exclusive-bill-rape-accuser-blasts-evil-hillary-shame-on-you/
Rape accuser speaks of evil Hillary and Bill
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 11:27 am
http://www.knowledgeoverflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Mark-Twain-Quotes-5.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 11:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm pretty sure every president had done some things while in office that if they could do it over they would do some things different. That's probably true about anybody in any profession. Hilary will probably benefit from Bill's past experience in office. She will have the benefits of hindsight. She can learn from Bill's successes and accomplishments as well as his mistakes and regrets. That is why I believe that Bill can prove to be extremely valuable in advising Hilary if she does become president.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 12:05 pm
@Real Music,
I don't think you have spent enough time knowing their foibles, or you would be less likely to defend them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 01:05 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I'm pretty sure every president had done some things while in office that if they could do it over they would do some things different. That's probably true about anybody in any profession. Hilary will probably benefit from Bill's past experience in office. She will have the benefits of hindsight. She can learn from Bill's successes and accomplishments as well as his mistakes and regrets. That is why I believe that Bill can prove to be extremely valuable in advising Hilary if she does become president.

I think Bill Clinton could be a big help...but I suspect he will stay out of the way as much as possible.

You are absolutely right that EVERY president probably regrets some of the things he has done. The notion some people have that Bill and Hillary Clinton are unusually evil people is probably just a projections of the projectors personal inadequacies.

In any case, Hillary Clinton, if nominated, will do a hell of a lot more to protect and expand safety net programs that I deem essential to a civilized society...than any of those people from the other side of the aisle.

I say this as an Independent...not as a Democrat.

The fact that there are people who should know better trying hard to damage Hillary Clinton and enable those people from the other side...is a testament to the fact that the far left can be every bit as myopic as the far right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 01:21 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Think about Bill Clinton roaming the White House with too much time on his hands.

I compare him to Bill Cosby. Cosby eventually had to answer, at least to a degree. Could Bill be next?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:23 pm
My take is, even if you have voted for somebody or plan to vote for somebody, that's not cause to give them a pass on anything. When they **** up or **** you over, don't roll over and play dead. Hold them accountable. Only a resolute voting public will make them do the right thing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:35 pm
Edgar wrote:

Quote:
Hold them accountable. Only a resolute voting public will make them do the right thing.

For more information on how effectively that works out, I suggest you read the biographies of former President Barry Goldwater and former President George McGovern.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think what you're talking about is the worst residual of the two party system. We have a tendency to overlook or be apologists for the crimes of those in our preferred party because we don't want to give ammunition to "the other side," so politicians en masse get away with murder.

I hope we can start holding them ALL accountable.

Nice post, Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:56 pm
@Lash,
In politics, I don't want to be popular, only as correct as I know how. Let the chips fall where they may. Smile
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 09:41 am
@edgarblythe,
Outside of Frank Apisa, the posters here need a checkup from the neck up. When Bill Clinton was in office, they were closing welfare offices around the country due to lack of applicants. I have no intention of forsaking my chance to vote for another Clinton Administration just because the Talk Radio Noise Machine keeps blasting the same old crap and some people are still stupid enough to believe it.

Oh, I notice that nobody here is mentioning the Arkansas trooper scandal, where the troopers guarding the Clintons were asked to produce damaging stories about them in exchange for a percentage from a book being written about them by Cliff Jackson, an enemy of Bill's since Oxford. Don't see that being mentioned at all. Instead, all the unproven stories about Bill are being accepted at face value.
0 Replies