What to do when betrayed spouse can't believe story

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 04:38 pm
Have any of you being in a situation where you have cheated on your spouse and when giving the actual story of the affair and what actually happened etc - that they are unable to actually believe it because the story itself sounds ridiculous - even though it is truth? If so, do you have any advice for me please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 969 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 05:34 pm
@Blackheart,
Haven't been in that situation but, since your spouse already knows you're capable of lying, he or she is likely to no longer believe a word you say.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 05:38 pm
Your spouse must be hurting greatly. Lies upon lies.

Stop trying to convince him of this "ridiculous" event and concentrate on being a good spouse/partner.

Time reveals all, including the building up of trust. Unfortunately, it takes time for that to happen.

You sound desperate for trust to be granted ASAP, when YOU want it.

Blackheart

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 06:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks for your responses -
I'm in no hurry for my spouse to trust me - I know she can't...
I'm not trying to convince her of anything either - she is questioning me - I answer her questions - but she is unable to believe the story because it doesn't quite make sense... it's not a typical affair type story - even I know how ridiculous the story sounds - however, I am providing her the truth of the story - she is unable to believe what took place.
I'm not desperate for anything to do with me at all.... I am desperate for her to start trying to heal - yes - so when I answer her questions - I'm trying to help her by giving her what she needs - but the truth is inconceivable to her... that's all I'm trying to say...
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 08:00 pm
@Blackheart,
Have you asked her what would make her/help her believe what you are telling her?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 06:29 pm
@Blackheart,
Perhaps the issue isn't the odd circumstances, but the favourable to you slant you put on it when telling it?
0 Replies