Does He Like Me?

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:20 pm
So Jake and I talked to each other for a couple of months and we got really close and had talked about dating. But at the time he had a long distance girl friend. They broke up about a month ago and he started texting me again. (We stopped texting for some reason) and he asked me to go into town with him but my parents said no. We kept texting that night and he sent the first kissing emoji and hearts. Then there was a basket ball game in Tuesday and on Monday he asked for me to sit by him. Then once I got to the game he was talking to his friends and my friends were sitting behind them so I say with my friends. In all honesty I thought he didn't want me to sit by him. So I didn't, even though I wanted to. Later after the game he texted me and said " you could of sat by me at the game" and I told him the truth and he said "it's fine I promise" and we kept texting. It was normal for the next day and now he is t texting me back. I've apologized and everything. Even my friends said he was hard core flirting with me. He isn't shy at all but he talks to me in person like nothing ever happened. Does he like me? Any other questions? Also he is a senior and I'm a freshman.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 711 • Replies: 11
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:35 pm
@Kacybrown66,
If he's a senior and has already had a girlfriend, then he knows how to act around a girl that he would be interested in. But he's not making moves. He could have asked you to sit next to him or gone to where you were sitting and sat there. . That's what guys should do.

For heaven's sake, STOP apologizing to him. Tell him if he is interested in you, then he needs to show you.
0 Replies

Kacybrown66

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:44 pm
Should I ask him if he really means it or just playing games?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:01 pm
@Kacybrown66,
Means what? that he'd like to sit beside you?

You are not making a lifetime plan here.

If he asks you to sit by him and you agree to it - do just that.

I know it's difficult when you're young, but try to relax about this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:03 pm
@Kacybrown66,
Kacybrown66 wrote:
he talks to me in person like nothing ever happened.

sounds like he's a bit more mature about this than you may be prepared for

stay away from being dramatic about this

__

he asked you to sit by him. you didn't. he asked why. you told him.

that event is over.

it was no big deal

__

nothing happened here
0 Replies

Kacybrown66

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:09 pm
My main question is why isn't he texting me back.
Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:19 pm
@Kacybrown66,
Because he's playing games with you. He is trying to tease a freshman girl with less sophistication to build his ego. Let him go and try finding someone who's a better match for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:35 pm
@Kacybrown66,
He may have realized that you aren't as mature as he'd initially thought.

You made a lot out of nothing. That's too much drama for a lot of guys.

You'll get there. You're young and will learn to relax about getting to know people.

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 10:39 am
I am going to take a different approach to this and I may be off base. But maybe, just maybe, he has been given advice to be very careful with starting a relationship with you. You state you are a freshman (14 years old I am guessing) and he is a senior (17+). He may be looking for something in a girlfriend that getting from you could get him charged with a crime. Your parents did not let you go into town with him which could indicate they would be very careful in letting you go out with someone that much older than you. Anything we tell you here is pure speculation, but personally, I would not be allowing my 14 year old daughter (if I'd had one) date a 17 year old without some really tight ground rules, if at all.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 12:02 am
Hey

You should be careful in this situation. Careful and smart. Just think carefully of what you just narrated. He is a senior and recently just had a breakup and is already flirting with you. Don't rush into things and think carefully what you're getting yourself into. Is this guy really trustworthy, do you know him that much? Does he have a history of being a player? I've known numerous girls got misdirected in their early years in highschool because they get manipulated by older guys. Just be careful and be smart alright.
0 Replies

Amoskamau

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 02:34 am
@Kacybrown66,
Kacy, Jake seems shy that's why he is good in texting because he cant see you face to face. if you like home invite him to a coffee or a walk to the park and tell him how you feel about him wait for his reaction and decide from there.
-Relationup

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 04:17 pm
@Amoskamau,
Kacy,

I agree - maybe just ask him to go get a cup of coffee and see how it goes.

-Relationup
0 Replies