can you have a panic attack without hyperventilating.

mel123

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 04:43 pm
I have been having panic attacks recently and I usually hyperventilate but this time I didn't. I still found it hard to breath and took in deep breaths to the point where my fingertips started to tingle and also I could feel my heart bound against my chest. So I'm wondering if this is still a panic attack.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,328 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 05:00 pm
Why? Were you hoping you had had a panic attack, but wanted to assure that you'd done it right? I suggest you seek counseling, psychological counseling.
mel123

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 05:06 pm
@Setanta,
These panic attacks scare me but I did want it to be one yes because then I would know what is was and thanks for the advise.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2015 08:09 pm
@mel123,
If your fingertips tingled you were on the verge of hyperventilating.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:14 am
@mel123,
Hi mel

What you had experience is just another variant of panic attack. There can be actually numerous kinds of panic attack. The hyperventilation is a natural body reaction if it didn't occur then maybe you were able to do proper breathing methods that is was able to subdue the adrenaline. I know it's scary because it's new but the good news is no matter what variant it may be the solution or treatment will always be the same. Base on what you had written I'm assuming that you already have been diagnosed with panic attacks.

When this episode recurs be sure that you're prepared with the right things to do. Sit down immediately and calm down. Meditate and do some breathing exercises. You should also consider drinking herbal tea and nutritional supplements. Endoca hemp products are proven to be effective in calming down panic attacks and subduing anxiety.

If all else fails then start considering taking up anti-depressant medications.
0 Replies