I need help when facing my dater

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:35 pm
I need some advice on how I should proceed with a current situation between me and a guy I met on Passfeed. We met over Halloween weekend. He lives in LA, me in SEA. He facetime/calls me every single day for the last 3 weeks, says he would like to know me better and that we have chemistry. We hit it off. Yes, we’ve already hooked up.

I had made plans to go to Lake Tahoe for NYE with another college friend of mine and the original plan was to meet up with my crush (since he would be there as well). That plan fell through and my friend is no longer going. I told my crush this last week and he said that’s ok, you can stay with me for a few days & that I had nothing to worry about. He made it sound that he did not want me to make other plans for NYE.

I want to buy my flight this week on black Friday. I talked to him last night about what dates should I fly in & reminded him I would be staying with him. He got kind of weird and said “well don’t put all of this on me, I won’t be able to hang out with you the whole entire time, I do have to work while im there. I don’t know the plan in full detail and that’s the truth.” (he is working some events happening for a couple days) my reply “well my biggest fear is you’ll drop the ball on me and I won’t see you at all” him “That couldn’t possibly happen I’ll be there for 5 days” me “I just need to 100% know that I have somewhere to sleep and put my bags” & after I said that I got kind of a not certain “sure”. Now I’m panicked since he was so for me being there to being kind of elusive. I think I may suggest I visit for 2 nights instead of 4 so it takes some of the pressure off but on the other hand Ive been thinking of just saying I decided to cancel the trip all together.

Help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 680 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:47 pm
@ealltech,
If you get the feeling he's being evasive and elusive, it's a pretty sure bet he is - and for some sort of reason. Personally, I wouldn't spend the time and airfare to kind of hang out with someone when it happened to suit them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:54 pm
@ealltech,
Wasn't Black Friday last week?
Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 08:05 am
@ealltech,
Complete honest answer - I would not go. It is too far to invest flying (time and expense) when he sounds so evasive.

I had a long distance relationship - almost sounding like yours - we met on vacation - didn't hook up but spent a lot of time together while we were both away. He lived out west me on the east coast. He wanted me to visit so I made a flight reservation, but he was all the in. He even said he had to work, but don't worry his roommate would entertain me while he was working. So he went out of his way to make sure I would be accommodated. I did not know anyone in the entire state I was going to - but he was so accommodating I took a leap of fate.

However, this guy to be honest, isn't sounding like that. My opinion, if he really wanted you to come see him, he would be all over it, trying to make you as comfortable as possible.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 08:06 am
@ehBeth,
good point - it might be good she missed black Friday.
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 07:35 pm
@ealltech,
Celebrating NYE in Lake Tahoe-Trip sounds like a blast-In spite of all the possibilities, there is still something missing. I think you realize the problem but you don’t want to own it. We always give guys the benefit of the doubt-ignore all sorts of red flags-deny our instincts-etc…… I say “when in doubt-don’t.”

Beyond that, I am always amazed at us women-always reacting and basing what we do on what he does. Why do we do this? You’re paying for your own ticket which means you can go anywhere you want-go visit someone who is excited to see you and not just luke warm. Don’t be afraid to let him know he wasn’t enthusiastic enough about your time together so you decided to go elsewhere-maybe he’ll see you’re no flunky and buy a ticket to your new destination. If he wants you, he’ll show it-stop trying to rush it-I’ve been there & done that & it doesn’t work.

I’d stop trying so hard to figure him out-figure yourself out. Is this rushing thing a pattern for you? Are you more of a giver in a relationship than the men you develop crushes on? What are your expectations in a relationship? Are you demonstrating self-respect when you’re in a relationship? Do you know how to say no and mean it? I’d say don’t get on that plane until you get some answers, get a stronger sense of self and you’d be guaranteed a joyous New Year’s no matter what some guy is doing or saying. It’s 2016-you’re going to be a full year older-make decisions that validate you for the prize-primo-super woman you really are!!!!!!!!!!God Bless.
0 Replies