need to know

peaches

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:36 am
I am in love with a boy who was in love with my best friend,my best friend and him were best friends .he was heart broken when he found out that my best friend had a boyfriend .he stopped talking to her but remained freinds with me .recently my best freind wanted me to mend things up between them because she missed her old friend.when i told him he was excited and winked at me,now whenever we talk he winks and acts flirty.do think he is using me or is he finally falling for me,my friend is still wih her boyfriend .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 732 • Replies: 9
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 07:13 am
It sounds to me like he's falling for you. Flirt back with him and find out for sure.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 07:17 am
Gee, well, who knows? You can't exactly base much on winking. Hell, lots of people wink and it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I assume you are flirting back. Does your friend want this guy to be her friend, or to be something more? Even though she currently has a boyfriend, she may be looking to move onto someone else.

In any event, don't get in the middle of this. If your friend wants to mend things with him, she can do it herself. There's no need whatsoever for you to get in the center of that. If you do, I can practically guarantee that things will not end up good for you - either they will mend their relationship and leave you in the cold; or they won't, and will blame you for the continued breakdown; or if he doesn't want to mend things he will resent your interfering; or perhaps you will end up having to be untruthful about your feelings. So, don't do it. Tell your female friend that she needs to rebuild her own bridges.

If you like this guy, and he's not attached, ask him out or at least ask him where you two stand. That way, you'll know. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then at least you're free to do something else and not worry about this any longer. It's easy --- just ... ask.
0 Replies

peaches

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:14 pm
my friend and him were best friends,he was interested in her but was to shy to tell her,she at a point had a crush on him.I don't know if she still interested in him even though she has a boyfriend or not because she never is clear about anything,like before she told me she wasn't interested to come to find out she was.sometimes I think she still has feelings for him since she mentioned something about her boyfriend that sounded as if they have problems.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 04:12 pm
peaches--

Why don't you ask your friend straight out whether or not she's interested in this guy. Tell her, "If you're not, I am."
0 Replies

peaches

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:14 am
what does my story sound like ?is he using me or not?
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:34 am
Good Morning Peaches! Your story sounds like so many really caring nice people. You're a dear friend and a faithful one. Try not to worry too much about all the details. An old fashioned song goes: "What will be, will be"...good things happen to people who let go and let good outcomes come to them. (PS: that does'nt apply to your "other " problem...for that see a qualified hair stylist.)
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Be happy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 11:00 am
Peaches--

"Using" you for what? As a go-between for your girl friend?

Check with your girl friend first--if you feel she has a claim. Or simply ask him what his intentions are.

Good luck.
0 Replies

peaches

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:12 pm
yes i mean as a go between for my girlfriend ,to make my friend jealous.what do u think?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 02:26 pm
Peaches--

I'm neither this guy nor an oracle.

Ask him.

At the worst, he'll be totally suprised at the question and get all flustered, run away, drop out of school and enter the ranks of the homeless

At the best he will confess undying love, invite you elope immediately, and give you a diamond ring that will make Brittany Spears green with envy.

Probably something in between will happen--but I don't know what. Neither does anyone else.
0 Replies