Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 03:38 am
In a lecture theatre where a performance is being given, video-taping is forbidden. Peter has been holding his phone horizontally for better viewing in surfing the net. But the MC mistakenly thinks he is video-taping, and has sent security people to tell him to stop doing so. Could he, in natural English, say?

-The MC is accusing me wrong. I was just surfing the net.

It sounds wrong and unnatural to me. Do you have a verb that could combine wrong, frame, accuse wrong etc.?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 462 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 04:27 am
". . . is making a false accusation."

It's a rather awkward construction because of the use of "is." It could also be written: "The MC is wrongly accusing me."
Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 11:39 pm
Excellent answer. Thank you.~
0 Replies

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
  1. Forums
  2. » accuse wrong
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 09/27/2023 at 05:57:43