Advice on being more open with ur guy...

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:55 pm
Ok.. This is my first post.. My names JoBeth and I'm 19 years old.. This guy has been my best friend ever since my freshman year of high school.. He's two years older than I am.. a lil over a year ago, he decided to go to Florida to be with his girlfriend.. things didnt work out between them but he decided to stay down there for a while and get a job and an apartment.. we lost touch for a lil while but when we did begin talking again, he was a completely different person.. and it was a great new change.. We've been talking a lot again lately.. And hes coming home the end of October.. Before he left, we were really close, like more than friends close.. and he wants it to be that way again.. He wants to be in a relationship.. I've never really been in a serious realtionship before but this guy has a lot of potential.. hes a great guy... I want to be able to be more open with him.. Not be afraid to tell him how I feel about him.. I think that my biggest fear is coming across as "easy" and trashy.. I want to be with him.. I have strong feelings for him and that just wont go away.. I know how he feels about me.. and If I dont let him know the same, I'm afraid that he'll move on and lose interest.. How can I express myself and not come off like a hoe??? I want to tell him that I have feelings for him.. That I want to be with him.. Any advice would be so helpful.. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 728 • Replies: 5
No top replies

DreamInTheNight

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 06:06 pm
I would say ask him what his feelings bout you are and then proceed from there. Your best bet is to tell him your true feelings, but they may be a bit more serious or intense than his feelings, which is why you should find out where he is coming from first.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 06:50 am
It shouldn't be too tough to be able to talk to someone who you already know likes you. After all, the biggest hurdle (is my message going to be accepted?) has already been crossed.

So, how to not sound easy? Well, think about these sentences -
A) I think I really like you. I think we could have something together.
B) I want to take you to some secluded spot and screw you 'til the cows come home.

Okay, that comparison was easy. Here's another one:
A) I want your body
B) I want to show you how I feel, in every way; emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Those two sentences get the same thing across, but the second one is a lot nicer and less trashy.

I think what you really have to do is think about what you're saying. And, consider what you want to do - do you want to hop into bed immediately, or do you want to take some time? If you want to take your time, then say so, and you'll be the opposite of trashy. If you want to go more quickly, that doesn't necessarily spell trashy, but you might want to be a bit more circumspect, e. g. "I want to be with you all night" is a better way to say it than "Let's do the nasty here in the car".

Know what I mean?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 07:07 am
What Jespah said. I think MY husband is the only one that would offer a marriage proposal to a woman that chose the "B" answers. LOL!

Honesty rules in all relationships. Just use some tact and you'll be fine.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 01:31 pm
Squinney--

And we all know Bear is taken.
0 Replies

JShrader2004

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 02:59 pm
I definitely want to take some time before we hop in the sack... He may want to move a lil faster than me, but theres really no pushiness from him.. I'm just not the type of girl to wear her heart on her sleave so to speak.. I've been hurt (as well as everyone on earth) and that keeps me from showing my true full emotion for someone.. Thanks so much for the advice.. helps a lot Very Happy
0 Replies