Change of Custody, change or orders, moving and Child Support

dubkash

Tue 24 Nov, 2015 01:16 am
Complicated situation:
I have a daughter who is 16. Her mother and I were never married. I am very involved in her life. We live in different States. I moved to Nevada from Oregon. I paid child support in State of Oregon per a child support order last modified in 2006 until my daughter decided to come live with me in Nevada. At that time I requested that child support be stopped and at that time I requested no child support from her mother (which I regret). This was granted by the State of Oregon. My daughter decided she wanted to move back with her mother after a year. Her mother at this point has moved to Washington. Her mother at this point filed for Support in the State of Washington. I received a letter from the State of Washington mimicking the order from Oregon from 2006. I am confused how the State of Washington can use that order if I have documents from Oregon saying that the order had been dropped. We have no formal custody arrangements order from any court. Just child support. I would think that Washington would need to initiate a new court order regarding required Child support. All I got was a letter saying that I owe 2 months back support and the same amount that was from Oregon in 2006. Does anyone have any insight into this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 819 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:33 am
@dubkash,
Yes.

Lawyers do.

You know, the kind that you hire and pay for.

Get one yesterday. You should not be handling this on your own.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:06 am
@dubkash,
I agree with Jespah.

You should get a good family lawyer.

I paid for an hour of a lawyer's time when I faced a issue with our parenting agreement. Some lawyers offer a free consultation, but this always ends up being a sales pitch... if you pay you will get real professional advice and maybe someone you can hire.

Once you get a lawyer representing you, often these things get fixed rather quickly without too much cost and without having to go to court.

If her mother is playing these games... I would want a legal parenting agreement from a court to protect me.
0 Replies