question for the boys

tinyb

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 11:58 pm
Ok, guys this is repetative but how do you express to a woman that you are serious about her even to the point of marriage?

And were there any silly games that you played along the way?

I'm a total tomboy and have very little experience in this and don't want to hurt another guys feelings because I misread him.

Thank you so much for any info on this
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 8
No top replies

briarwizard

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:04 am
You simply tell her.

And I didn't play any games, (that I know of).

I think it's best to just be straight with the one you love.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 12:06 pm
All sympathy to you tinyb. I'm rather curious about this one myself.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:41 pm
tinyb, I think a little more informatino could get you a little better advice. sure, there is a lot of confusing mental reading going on in a relationship...perhaps you can sense before he proposes to you, but maybe you'd just be getting your hopes up...when he is ready, I'm sure you'll know.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 01:48 pm
Query: Were the boy's feelings hurt because you rejected him? 'Cause that was my initial reading but stuh505's comments made me take another look.
0 Replies

tinyb

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 04:21 pm
Well this guy makes comments about us two being married, had even made a reference to us having kids. the only odd part is that he tends to back away. He even said that he should maybe take a break because he's not sure. I have noticed that when he does say these things(the positive ones) i get overwhealmed (in a good way) and because I'm not great with words and i get shy around guys when it comes to romance, I have a tendancy to clam up. So could it be that he's sending me signals and because i'm an idiot with words and usually say nothing but turn red and smile, could that be why he says he needs a break?
We took one but it lasted less than a week with him calling and crying saying that he needed me.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 04:32 pm
Classic lack of communication. Talk to him, tell him how you feel. I think your intuition may be right on this one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 04:33 pm
Most studies which have been done of "signalling" of which i've ever read state that the female initiates the contacts, and my personal experience backs this up. Very likely, this young man feels that you are inviting, but has as much confusion about his feelings and as much inability to express himself as do you. I would suggest patience all round. Sometimes a young man mentions marriage and family simply because he is trying out the ideas and thinking aloud. He might also be clueless about how to proceed in "wooing" you, and is trying different tactics to see what the reaction will be.

As you are both young, i would say, relax. It often seems that you get in life that which you no longer yearn for, that the best way to have something is not to try to have it at all. My personal observation is that this applies more to romantic situations than any other type of human interaction.
0 Replies

Exister -

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 11:27 pm
fortune wrote:
Classic lack of communication. Talk to him, tell him how you feel. I think your intuition may be right on this one.

I couldn't agree more. All guys are different and I'd guess your guy is sending out signals but when you didn't respond how he thought you would he backed down. Maybe even the break was to see if you'd come back. I know I'd never talk about marriage and kids unless I seriously was inlove with her. You know your guy best and if he's a sincere guy then I'd believe he means it.
0 Replies