Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 12:05 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 878 • Replies: 9
No top replies

doglover

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
From all appearances her husband Mark killed her. An insanity based defense, if Mark and his attorneys decide to to that way, is absurd. An insane person would not have the presence of mind to dispose of Lori's body and the mattress, go buy a new mattress and concoct a story that Lori went jogging.

I think this is more of a crime of passion. I think Lori confronted Mark with the lies he had been propogating, an argument ensued and he either stabbed or shot her. I don't think the murder was premeditated as in the case of Scott Peterson.

I hope the police are able to find Lori's body. It's terrible to think that Lori and her unborn child's final resting place is a landfill.

That thought brings this question to mind. I wonder if the police will charge Mark with two murders if it can be proven that Lori was pregnant when she was murdered.

If Lori was pregnant, I think Mark should be charged with two counts of murder just as Scott Peterson was.
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 09:24 pm
what is this world coming to? It's such a shame.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 08:13 am
AngryWaves wrote:
what is this world coming to? It's such a shame.

What are you talking about AW? Men have been killing their wives since time began. Human beings capacity for savagery and depravity toward one another are limitless. Murder has existed since the evolution of mankind and will continue to exist until makind completely destroys himself and becomes extinct.

That being said, it is a shame that her husband Mark killed her.
0 Replies

David Emerson

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 07:51 am
Not all men kill their wives. Though I bet some wish they could.

Look at the women who kill their children. Do you have an excuse for their behavior too?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 07:53 am
I didn't read any excusing into doglover's post, particularly in light of her preceding post.
0 Replies

David Emerson

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't read any excusing into doglover's post, particularly in light of her preceding post.

No, but she appeared to write it off as an everyday occurence. Husbands killing wives is not always the case. Perhaps the media doesn't spend enough time researching the wives killing husband cases. Or they excuse it as defense in an abusive relationship.

I am glad they've arrested this guy. I'm sorry for the family. But it also seems there were a lot of red flags someone should have seen.
0 Replies

David Emerson

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:00 am
Oh edgar, sorry, it's just the male point of view. I don't want to appear hostile, it's not my nature.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:04 am
I'm a male.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 09:00 am
edgarblythe wrote:

You are correct edgar. No excuses from me.
0 Replies