sex dreams

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
My husband has been waking me up frequently, with what seems to me having a sex dream, he also is not that interested in having sex with me.
when I confront him about it he says he doesn't remember dreaming.
What do you think about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 12
No top replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:02 pm
May be a guilty dream of someone else. The things we suppress in our concious minds often come out in our dreams, while awake he may not wish to harbour unfaithful thoughts but when asleep the mind wanders....

If he keeps telling you that he doesn't remember dreaming when he's obviously having a very vivid dream it may be that he is trying to spare your feelings, he can't help what he dreams after all.

This may turn out to be one of those things it's better (for your own comfort) not to know.
0 Replies

DreamInTheNight

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
There are too many possibilities. Peopel do not remember most of their dreams. He could truely not remember the dream he is having when he wakes you up. My husband is one of those people who can be woken up during a dream but can go back to sleep and finish it. If I get woken up during a dream I start losing details until I cannot remember any details. It is possibel that he rememebers one thing, but taken out of context of the dream it may seem "bad". He may also be dreaming about something he is embarrassed about (like about a guy, or someone he does not like, etc.). It is also possible that lack of sex is causing his subconscious to react. Do you wake him up out of the dream or does he wake up naturally? If you wake him up, that might be interfering with his memory of the dream, although you two sound like you have other issues as well.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:05 pm
The subconscious is something that is never truly mastered. It could be, as Fortune pointed out, that his mind's Id is playing out things that, by day, are restrained by the superego (daily ethics and by the situation in life that he's in.) This does not mean that he would be unfaithful. That he won't speak probably means that he's ashamed of the twisted dreams that people have, and that he doesn't want you to think that he would do such a thing.

People's dreaming lives often don't say much about people's lives. They are the odds and ends of the everyday. I dream, sometimes, of being different people; that doesn't make me a schizophrenic. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry too much, Julie.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:21 pm
Hey, I dreamed once that I was Ghengis Khan!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
Last night I dreamt or dreamed, depending on your linguistic preference, that I was trying to walk, and my legs just kept giving out. Today I twisted my ankle. Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, I'm availible for online psychic consultations. Prices are negotiable depending on the size of your delusions, erm, problems. Just for a freebie, I would also say to Julie that you need not worry about these dreams your husband has. Confronting him will only complicate things, especially if he really doesn't remember things. This happens to me frequently. I'll have an amazing 'waking dream' and think, man, that would make a great story or poem, and then I actually wake up, and it's completely gone. Just the nature of the dream beast.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:37 pm
Cav, I believe the reason decided upon by the medical types for dreams where you try to move but can't is actually that you are closer to waking than you think. The chemicals released by the brain during sleep not only alter your brain state, they also immobilise your body, so when you feel like you can't move in your dream it's because you really can't! The activity in your dream has actually caused you to rise to a level where you are (to some extent at least) aware of your body, a body which no longer responds as it would if you were awake.

I guess it kind of makes sense when you look at it from an evolutionary stand point, thrashing around in your sleep isn't exactly the safest thing to do.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:46 pm
Well, the general theory there, fortune, is that it is a subconscious manisfestation of emotional paralysis.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:47 pm
But I did really twist my ankle today.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:53 pm
Hope it feels better soon, cav.
0 Replies

juliebenson

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:53 pm
thanks for the comments I appreciate the feedback!
0 Replies

Scarlettmarsden

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 05:09 am
Don't just hate it when people know everything? Gah.... I recently had a dream about lesbians again *shakes head* I don't know what's going on.
0 Replies

Nathor

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 06:24 pm
maybe while he's having his sex dream u can make dream become reality?
heheheheh!
0 Replies