Hard Breakup to Deal With

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:58 am
I had posted this question on a lot of forums but I haven't gotten much of a response, probably because it was too long, so I'll attempt to shorten it here.

I'm currently attending highschool, and I'm in grade 12, going to university next year, I had started to date this guy we'll call "ex" since the beginning of my grade 11 year, so it had been a bit over a year of dating up until now.

I thought ex was a great guy, but I think I just did not see him for who he really was for the past year, he was kind of controlling, manipulative, rude, and pushy, but he had told me I was all these things as well, and I could be I suppose in some ways, like I'd ask him to sleep over and he said its against his parents rules, but he wasn't allowed to drink but he would do that before, so I didn't entirely understand? He would always promise days to hang out as well but changes it last minute to suit his families needs, although I'd constantly drop what my family wants to do just to please him, like he would want to do "sexual things" I guess, he'd even get angry if my mom came home early from work and him and I didn't have the chance to do said things, and I'd also have to trick my mom to leave just so he could have that from me, he'd even also try to get her to leave her own home, and also he'd call me rude names and want to break up if I wanted him to keep his promise to hang out.

This is where I believe this horrible situation started from, a month ago he said to me it was his priority to hang out with me on halloween and even sleep over, I was excited and made plans like movies, trick or treating, etc, the weekend of halloween he told me had to see his uncle he never had met before, he knew this a month prior but still promised halloween to me, I was angry and hurt and so he told me its over and called me rude names. I know I use to want to always break it off as well early in the relationship, because when I had just turned 16 and started dating ex, my dad had left my mom, and we lost our house, he was having an affair, and I had to live in a hotel for months, but my mom still drove ex everywhere and bought him whatever he wanted, even when my mom and I got in an car accident driving city to city just to pick him up since his parents would not do it, ex also said he was treating me this way because I did it to him, but he said he understood before I was scared he'd cheat on me and leave me, like my dad did to my mom.

Ex said he needed time to think, that I was too controlling, he wanted to be able to hang out with whoever (I didn't stop him, he told his friends i did), smoke weed and drink, he said he didn't want to be in a relationship he thought he was mentally unstable and didn't want to "hurt me" but if he ever wanted another one, I'd be his number one girl. He thought about things on the weekend of halloween, I was annoying I guess, but I was just so devastated and I guess I bugged him so now I feel like this break up was my fault, but even though I messaged him a lot he ignored me frequently, despite my fear of him leaving.

The following Monday, we met up and he told me he missed me so much, he drank and smoke pot over the weekend because he was so hurt with what was going on between us, so we cuddled, he'd try to be grabby in sexual ways, and try to make out but I said I wasn't ready because what if he went home and changed his mind or left me anyway, I even brought up what if he pitied me, I could end it, and he freaked out a bit and said no no no that isn't what I, because I love you, he even told me he'd buy me a promise ring and told me what our wedding song would be.

The next day, he was cold at school, he'd walk ahead of me, look at me angrily, and this girl we'll call "B" told me ex and his twin, were her twins, she adopted him, I said okay because it was awkward and uncomfortable, and at lunch she had said to ex in front of me, it was awkward for his ex-girlfriend to be there, I asked ex why would she say that, and he denied the whole thing.

On Wednesday he was even colder towards me, but reassured me he was coming over after school, since he couldn't Tuesday. Although, the rest of wednesday he was making up excuses as to why he couldn't come over, such as I need to get water, so I gave him mine, then a coat, I was going to give him mine but I didn't offer because I knew what he was doing, he was just going to text me it was over, and he did exactly that, he even said if i text him or "spam" him he'd block me. Every time ex had told me it was over, he never did it to my face, only over text. I went to hang out with a friend, I didn't respond to ex and I missed school the next day because I couldn't handle the stress.

Although, I guess the stress was too much on Thursday, I spammed him I guess in a way but he did not care, I didn't think he'd be that cold, because if I was upset with him during a tiny argument and I took a breather he'd call me 20 times but I wouldn't block him and be cruel. My friends tried to talk to him he just simply didn't care and I was devastated, I feel like maybe if I wasn't annoying or if I was a better person the relationship could of been okay.

On friday, I went to school due to me receiving an award, I had seen ex and B cuddle and flirt, it seemed like they were doing it in front of me on purpose as well. I was hurt but I wasn't surprised, because she had constantly flirted with him before, she even said she was a horny angel to him, they'd text all the time even when him and I were dating for our last few days, so he was just leading me on.

That friday night I went to a friends, and convienentley they're next door neighbours, so I went to pick up my items I left there, and told him I'd bring him the items he left at my home on monday. He was just texting B the whole time, and he had said "I'm glad you assumed I cheated on you, my brother told me you said that", I didn't believe him, because I had enough evidence he at least emotionally cheated on me already, but I responded with "wouldn't you if you saw what I saw?', he didn't say anything to that but said "I'm not even dating her." and I said "but soon, right?" and he ignored me, but its ironic because he said he needed to work on himself before not get another relationship.

I left his house and went to my school to volunteer, unfortunately he was volunteering the same night. Everything was pretty normal and I was being myself, but he was just consistently texting B purposely in front of me, and I regret bringing anything up, to even think he'd be nice or not rude or not lie, especially after the past week and how he treated me. I tried to be polite about my questions and I know I shouldn't of and it was stupid, but I asked him about him dating B, and I thought he wasn't going to date, and didn't he think what he did was wrong? He responded disgustingly rude to me, he told me well he isn't dating right now is he? It isn't his fault I went crazy (referring to spamming I guess), and he said he thought he did the right thing the past week, and that he didn't care anyway because hes free and that he can **** the queen of england if he wants too, then left the room and said he didn't volunteer for this ****.

When he came back to the room after a while, I completely ignored him, but he wanted to know who I was hanging out with on the weekend, and if I didn't tell him he'd just ask someone to find out, I was talking to a guy I knew at the volunteer thing and ex immediately wanted to know who he was but he was "smiling" when he asked, and then when I called my sister to pick me up he said if I can't get ride a home he could drive me, I felt bad for being rude kind of, but I said I'm sure I'm old enough to figure it out myself, he said okay and he left, I didn't want to be rude but hes treated me like trash for a long time now.

I guess I just need some advice on how to deal with this better, I can't cry over it I can't even make myself cry over him, because I know how much of a jerk he really is, but I guess I still care a bit, and sometimes I feel twinges of pain especially when I see B and Ex together at school, and I loathe going to school now even when I use to enjoy it. I don't know how to just not care, ex is also in two of my classes it will be hard to deal with. I also think he'll spread rumours about me as well. We even have our remembrance day play coming up the school goes to see and hes the main person in it with another girl, and I don't want to see it, it will hurt me, but I don't want to be disrespectful to the soldiers who died either.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, and answers it politely with advice or similar stories thank you so much Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:04 am
@cleenadoyle,
Here's the thing. You've described a bad relationship with a pretty nasty, manipulative person.

I think you should be rejoicing that you are no longer going to be with him.

You are free to eventually meet an honest, respectful, caring young man.

__

You are in your university prep year.

Focus on that. Spend time with friends. Take some time for non-school activities and be really happy that you are out of the relationship with that nasty piece of work.

You really are lucky to no longer have to work around him and his demands. He sounds like a spoiled baby.

There are much better men in the world.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:05 am
@cleenadoyle,
Block him on all social media so you won't be tempted to spam him again.

cleenadoyle

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:06 am
@ehBeth,
I have, because I also just never want to even see him again, but I have too at school and it sucks but thank you Smile
0 Replies

cleenadoyle

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:11 am
@ehBeth,
I know he was a very manipulating person and it was unhealthy, I think the majority of my hurt comes from being treated that way too. I am happy though as well at the same that I am free from that Smile I really appreciate your response it really made me feel a lot better too, thank you Smile
0 Replies

cleenadoyle

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 03:42 pm
@cleenadoyle,
I didn't know where to add this but I wanted to add that ex knew I went through traumatic situations with other guys and he said he was not going to be like that in the beginning of our relationship, but he actually did a lot of the exact things those guys did, I think that really hurt me as well.
0 Replies