lover getting clucky?

Ajl

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 05:23 am
Been having a great affair for about 3 and a half years. We meet about 3 times a week for coffee or lunch to gossip and share stories and advice, and get a hotel room once or twice a month and have an electric time. We never use the L word though we have affection for each other, and only ever talk about siblings and parents, never about spouses and kids.

Over last couple of months there seems to be a different sort of intimacy. Small touches like washing my hair, less sex more hugging, tieing my laces for me. That kind of stuff.

I can't say I dislike any of this, in fact quite the opposite but at the same time feels like some change has happened that's quite wonderful but also quite dangerous - it is an affair after all.

Or maybe I'm imagining it. Is my lover getting a sort of clucky - what would be the smart thing to do? views please.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 953 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 07:48 am
@Ajl,
What do you mean by clucky? I've never heard that term used when referring to a person. Pls explain.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 08:01 am
@Ragman,
I think he means 'clutching'.

Ajl, does she know it is just an affair?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 09:27 am
@Ajl,
This "great affair" has turned into something more. And you say that you don't dislike this different kind of intimacy. She clearly has moved to other feelings for you.
Break it off if this is not how you want things to be between you and this woman. She seems to have more feelings than you. They will grow as time goes by.

PS WHY has this just been an affair? Are you married? Is she a prostitute? Why are you so uncomfortable about this 3 year relationship moving into companionship and mature love?
Ajl

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:22 pm
@Ragman,
Sorry, getting broody for something different.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:23 pm
@Ajl,
Are you both married with children?
Ajl

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:37 pm
@PUNKEY,
We are both in long term relationship, he has children, that's the reason I'm cautious, and wondering if I'm reading too much into things.

I should add that it's the male party who is changing small behaviours.
0 Replies

Ajl

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 12:40 pm
@ehBeth,
both in long term relationships. He has children.
0 Replies