Should the small signs paint the big picture.

gumdrop

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
My bf of a year and I are both 28 years old. We have been in a long distance relationship for the past 6 months, but are only 5 hours away so we take turns visiting each other every 2 weeks. I love him with all my heart and express my love to him in so many ways, not just by saying the words "I love you" He on the other hand tells me he loves me at least 50 times a day , but his actions don't refect that. On a recent visit to him, to celebrate our one year, I noticed that every picture, poem, keepsake, card, etc... that I gave him or had to do with a time we spent together which used to sit out in his bedroom dresser, was gone. And when I aksed why, the only answer I got was, "I don't know". Also he didn't even get me anything for the anniversary, not even a card. I was crushed. On top of all that, his cell phone kept ringing the whole weekend and he would say he wasn't going to answer it, becuase it was an unknown number, but when I had a few minutes and he wasn't around, I looked at the phone and the calls were from a girl, whom he has told me about before and said she was a friend. But I have never met her after asking numerous times to meet her. So if the girl was just a friend, why did he lie about it? To make matters worse, he just lost his job that he moved away for, but refuses to move back to me. He has been living at his parents, so it is not like he has to finish an apartment lease or sell a house. I get the excuse that his father won't allow him to, but I would think that at 28, he would do what he wants and not let daddy run his life, but apparently that isn't going to change. I guess I just need to know, that if he says he loves me so much and him and I get along great, have the best time together and we both break down crying when we have to leave each other, why do I feel as if he is slowly removing me from his life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 639 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 01:01 pm
These small signs are leading to one conclusion, I figure, and you're right, it's that he's slowly distancing himself from you. Why? Is it that the girl who he claims is just a friend is more than that? Possibly, but not necessarily. Is his family getting too involved and convincing him to leave you? Maybe, but that seems doubtful and, you're right, he's an adult and should be thinking for himself in these matters, even if he's dependent upon them financially.

Are there any other reasons why he would want to stay in the area? Is the job market better for his field? Is there a college nearby that he could go to? Anything? Is he perhaps seeking to keep you from having to support him financially, e. g. he doesn't want to be a burden to you?

In the absence of other things - and in the presence of what appears to be deception re the phone calling - I suggest you have a long, heart-to-heart in-person talk with him. And, unfortunately, it may lead to the end of your relationship, but you seem to be forewarned and even if it's that bad, it's still better than not knowing.

Best of luck to you and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
Gumdrop, He IS slowly moving you out of his life...for now. If it is really love between the two of you, maybe he'll come back. But, when he took all of your cards and memorabilia out of his sight...he also took it out of this new girls sight as well. He's playing the field and keeping you strung. It happens to all of us, hon. On the brighter side, Welcome to A2K....Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:11 pm
I hate to say it, but it sounds like this friend he has may be more than a friend. I may be wrong, but the signs are there.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:14 pm
Actions speak louder than words.
0 Replies