He asked me out now where are the details?

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:13 pm
So I've started online dating to help get into the dating world since I just got out of a 6 year relationship and I met this one guy who is around the same age as me, he's a complete sweetheart so far and he had just got out of a 4 year relationship.

We talked for a few days and I guess he must have liked me because he asked if he could call me, so I gave him my number an he called me so he could ask me out and I obviously said yes. We didn't have time to make the date, time and place so he said we would discuss it later.

Now it's 2 days later and he brought it up again through text so I told him what times I was available and he asked for some time this weekend but still no exact date, place and time. I wanted to bring it up but how do I ask him without pushing it too much and seeming desperate? Maybe I'm just overreacting or something but I've never dated before.

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:20 pm
@JenniferBSW,
Hang in there. Welcome to the forum, too.

Good luck with your first go-around with online dating . Try not to build up too high an expectation. Keep an even keel about it - never too high or too low.

Did I read that correctly that you have never dated before? Or is it just that you never did online dating before?

I've dealt off and on with online dating for years. Sometimes things work out great and sometimes not. Never take it too personally if they don't. There could be a million reasons why things get delayed delayed or sometimes go astray. Give it (and him) time. You've done your part to let him know you're interested.

Good luck and keep the faith.
JenniferBSW

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:25 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, I have never dated before, I've been in a 6 year relationship and we just assumed a relationship from the first day we met because at the time we liked each other alot. Now I'm out of a relationship and dating online.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 05:31 am
@JenniferBSW,
You're not being pushy. It is utterly reasonable to want at least a time, date, and place.

But some people are lousy about making arrangements, or are so terrified of rejection that they won't make a move, fearing it will be the wrong one. But there are few ways to go wrong with what I am suggesting.

How about texting him and taking the lead? E. g. here's a great Chinese restaurant (link). Meet you there on Saturday night, at 7.

If the arrangements are bad for him, he'll either tell you, or he won't show up. Either way, you'll have your answer about whether he really is a good person.

Be prepared, BTW, to pay or at least offer to, as this has now turned into your invitation to him, and not the other way around. Is that emasculating? Nope; it's good manners. The inviter pays, or at least offers to. This is 2015. You can do the inviting.
0 Replies

introwire

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 12:08 pm
@JenniferBSW,
Hi Jennifer,

If you like him, he's definitely gonna call you, so you have to be a little bit patient, remember that he went out a long relationship too. Other way you can chat with him and be funny just to be and feel more confortable to go out, don't push the moment to much, but don't let the fear put away for a great oportunity to meet a great person in your life, if this does not work, at least you tried.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:41 pm
@introwire,
introwire wrote:
If you like him, he's definitely gonna call you

that's just crazy

not everyone we like is going to call us. life's just not like that.

Quote:
oh hi, I like Brad Pitt. when do you think he'll call?

hey, I like Justin Trudeau. when will he call me?

dude, there's this bus driver I like. I'm so glad you told me he'd call.

seriously. that's just nutty.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:49 pm
@JenniferBSW,
Offer up a few suggestions (places to go, preferred or anticipated restaurants to nosh some food at, etc...). Also suggest the best times for you to meet.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:53 pm
@JenniferBSW,
Just remember he's just also gotten out of a relationship of 4 years.

He may "want" to date but may also have reservations, memories, we have no idea how that relationship broke up, or his feelings towards the lady in question, or who broke the relationship up.

There is nothing wrong with being assertive as Jespah suggested but remember the above and don't feel deflated if it doesn't happen.
0 Replies