Death for Abortionists!

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:22 pm
Offred wrote:
Yup, even mainstream evangelicals such as Jerry Falwell had preached in the 1980's and 90's that Christian home-schooling was ideal. But Reconstructionists take it to a new level, not just recommending it as an alternative to public schooling, but as a means to create an army of God's warriors to eventually take over from the bottom up, to implement the Christian republic.

Check out this website: www.reformation.net. This organization is called the Coalition on Revival, which is a Reconstructionist organization to unite Protestant churches of the Presbyterian, Baptist and Pentecostal faiths. Their aim is to create a Christian government in America, that follows strict Biblical law. Their founder, Jay Grimstead, was a former Moonie, and promoter of the notorious, cult-like Shepherding Movement in the 1970's. "Shepherding" has re-surfaced among the Promise Keepers, and in protestant churches; its premise is to appoint a mentor to guide a small group of Christians in their spiritual and worldly paths, using a "covenant" to bind the members of the group together. The men are encouraged to foment a pseudo-warrior-like us versus them, good versus evil mentality.

It's not just death to abortionists, folks. It's death to democracy.

Welcome hatchling.

Is their a larger point here than there are amusingly bizzare christian groups?

What was that group who saw the arrival of a comet as the motivation to castrate and then kill themselves while wearing Nike sneakers?

Death to democracy? Death to Addidas?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:33 am
Interesting links, Offred.

And welcome to Able2Know.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:35 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
What is the perecentage of pro bono Harvard Law School Grads?
.05%?

What is a "pro bono law school grad?"
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:59 am
Quote:
Harvard is a cess pool of Gulfstream Liberals.

Which immediately brings to mind the colorful '92 Republican Convention down at the Houston Agrodome with all those nifty speeches and the security perimeter around the airport to keep newspapers from photographing all the private jets flying in.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:12 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Interesting links, Offred.

And welcome to Able2Know.

Indeed, Offred's links are very interesting. Another member here, Lola, has been posting information as to these various groups and individuals for more than a year now. Lola has a wealth of personal/family experience related to these organizations and receives daily mail from them, as a means of keeping track of what they are up to. And what they are up to is significant.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:28 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

Welcome hatchling.

Is their a larger point here than there are amusingly bizzare christian groups?

Sure Finn, I am surprised that you missed it.
Quote:
Their aim is to create a Christian government in America, that follows strict Biblical law.
0 Replies

Offred

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 12:28 pm
The extreme Christian ring wing encroachment into our government has surged since President Bush, himself an evangelical, came into office. And by "government", it's in all departments. Check out this article from Reuters, on Lt. General William "Jerry" Boykin", the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence. General Boykin is an evangelical Christian, who is only now being called to question about speeches he made, in uniform, describing the American war on terror as a Christian crusade against Satan:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news-religion-general.html?pagewanted=print&position

Do you think General Boykin consulted God about military interrogation techniques at Abu Ghraib prison? After all, when you are battling Satan, God probably approves just about anything.

And Finn, yes, we can giggle about those crazy wacko fundamentalists. But it won't be so funny when they come knocking on our door. Here is a good article from Harpers about a secretive sanctuary across the Potomac river, in Arlington, Va., called Ivanwald, where prominent government and business figures go for religious sabbaticals. In fact, I believe it came out this summer that Senator Brownback of Kansas went there to re-connect with Jesus, and it's tax-payer funded.

http://www.harpers.org/JesusPlusNothing.html?pg=1.htm

Joefromchicago - can you direct me to Lola's posting's - I would like to take a look. It's always interesting to see this from a personal standpoint.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 12:43 pm
Offred

You'll have a tough time finding Lola's postings on the issue. Try contacting her via private message (say blatham sent you, and why).
http://www.able2know.com/forums/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=59&sid=e9ef6a501c5f58eaf992d03406f51f2d
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 12:44 pm
Not sure if that link will work, I've never tried that before.

If it doesn't work, you can go to the following page, find her post, then click on her name, then click on her name again, then click on the private message box.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3357&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=5490
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 01:21 pm
Offred wrote:
Joefromchicago - can you direct me to Lola's posting's - I would like to take a look. It's always interesting to see this from a personal standpoint.

You might want to start with this post.
0 Replies

AmericaCriesForTruth

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:58 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
What is the likelyhood that he will be elected to the Senate?

Pretty darn good! I think Coburn stands a really good chance of being elected. He is up against an equally good Democratic candidate by the name of Brad Carson. Of course this is Bush country and Dem's usually don't stand much of a chance up against the GOP here. Carson is Pro-Life but I don't think he has -----how do I say?-----as fierce a stand against abortionists as Coburn does. The way I see it either one would do a good job for Oklahoma.

Personally, I feel that other issues regarding "responsibility" and "safe-sex" need to be addressed as well. I hate to say it but men share in the responsibility as much as the women do. If neither are willing to accept the responsibility for their actions ( and we all know that is such a HUGE problem ) they fall back on blaming each other for the "mistake". The unborn child suffers.

Now, I am all for banning abortions. They should be illegal. But then I look at drugs and assault weapons and I see that it hasn't stopped those who want them from obtaining them. Maybe that is why Coburn has brought out such a fierce stance against the abortionists.

Still, I say it won't stop it. It will curb it to some extent and I guess any progress is good progress, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:14 pm
Let's start all this killing at the top. Our leaders, if true leaders of character, ought to shoulder the duty to set a good example.

Let's have members of both houses and the administration confess to abortions received by themselves or their children, and then execute the doctors involved.
0 Replies

AmericaCriesForTruth

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:33 pm
blatham wrote:
Let's start all this killing at the top. Our leaders, if true leaders of character, ought to shoulder the duty to set a good example.

Let's have members of both houses and the administration confess to abortions received by themselves or their children, and then execute the doctors involved.

Laughing LMAO

Dem comes forward and Repub comes forward.

Republicans point finger at Democrats, " EVIL, LIBERAL, GAY LOVING BABY KILLERS!!!!!"

Democrats shake finger at Republicans, "FAKERS! LIARS! SPEWERS OF HATE! "

Yeah, I can see how that would solve everything!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:40 pm
Well, we can just set them down in Abu Ghraib as a confessorial aid.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:48 pm
No man's life or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Samuel Clemens
0 Replies

Offred

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 12:03 pm
I can't believe that the good Rev. Jerry Falwell waited this long to open a law school for evangelical Christians. "We want to INFILTRATE (my caps) the culture with men and women of God who are skilled in the legal profession." vowed Rev. Falwell.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-news-falwell18.html

They're gonna need an army of God's prosecutors, judges and sheriffs to prosecute, sentence and execute all of the abortionists, women who had abortions, and abortion clinic counselors. And wait, let's not forget the homosexuals, adulterers, heretics, blasphemers and pagan wiccans.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 12:44 pm
The framers are long gone. Lincoln won't come back to help out. Not much for it but that we ourselves stop these nincompoops.
0 Replies