What's worse? Telling a reporter off or manslaughter?

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:15 am
McGentrix wrote:
You brought it up, You seem to want to keep it an issue.

I rank it right up there with Cheney's remark. Sometimes people need to be directed as such.

There is a 9 page thread on ThK's big "Faux pas." What I did was juxtapose the two incidents.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:20 am
What you could have done is start a thread about the car accident without mentioning THK. Instead, you invoke initial prejudice by needing to compare the two when there is no comparison to be made.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:21 am
Harper wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
Harper wrote:
Coastal Rat, I will type slowly so you can understand, she ran a stop sign and killed a man and didn't get charged with a n y t h i n g! You are in denial.

Maybe the press should keep badgering her about this until she finally loses her temper and tells them to Cheney off!

Harper, I will refrain from typing slowly because I do not wish to resort to smearing your intelligence, but she was not charged for some reason. I will not put myself in the position of the investigators and assume she should have been charged. I guess you have every right to assume she should have been, but then from your snide remark about typing slowly I would guess that you believe you know better than the people who investigated the accident.

The last traffic ticket I got was for making a "rolling stop" negotiating a right turn at a stop sign. Laura Bush ran a stop sign and killed a man and didn't even get a ticket! I really have to question anyone's thought process who would deny that that is, at the very least, a bit unusual.

I can't help myself. I am forced to say one last thing on this subject to respond to you Harper, then I think I will leave this thread for good. Neither I nor anyone else knows why she was not charged. You do not know why she was not charged. So what is the point of conjecture? Records are missing or incomplete. Not all that unusual for a 30 year old case that did not result in charges being filed.

And I am sorry you got a ticket for a rolling stop. I did that once and guess what? The officer let me go with a warning. Good thing someone in my family is not running for office cause that would sure come back to haunt them.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:31 am
No one knows why she wasn't charged but it is not too hard to make an educated guess. If someone ran a stop sign and killed your spouse (for instance)and wasn't charged, would you dismiss it so easily?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:34 am
We all would do well by discontinuing these probes into unprovable past alledged transgressions. It's playing judge and jury and if anyone thinks they are electing Joseph and the Virgin Mary, that's a matter of whether or not one has taken their own inventory. I suppose nobody here has done something in their past they aren't proud of and perhaps deeply ashamed. Laura Bush doesn't want to talk about it and I don't blame her -- it might as well have happened under the shadow of a pyramid. In my estimation, reporters are often perceived as a lower breed than attorneys. That might not be fair but if their tactics are tantamont to Papparazzi, I would likely tell one off. I had a theft in the gallery a few years back of a small painting worth about $800.00. The artist called the local paper and I was interviewed. The reporter twisted up the interview badly enough that I had some explaining to do to the artist who finally realized that her interview was also distorted. Funny bunch, those reporters. Or, maybe, not so funny.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:53 am
Harper wrote:
No one knows why she wasn't charged but it is not too hard to make an educated guess. If someone ran a stop sign and killed your spouse (for instance)and wasn't charged, would you dismiss it so easily?

I really gotta stop looking at this thread. This is really getting ridiculous. To answer your question, I don't know if I would dismiss it so easily. It would depend on the circumstances of the accident and the reasons for the lack of charges being filed. And that is exactly my point here. Why make a big deal out of something from 30 years ago that YOU have no knowledge about the circumstances.

Now if it would make you happy, if you come up with any evidence at all that she should have been charged with manslaughter or whatever, then please, send it to the police agency that investigated the accident. I don't believe there is a statute of limitations on manslaughter so maybe you can get her prosecuted. And then I will jump on your bandwagon and condemn the woman and somehow transfer my condemnation to her husband because of what she did.

And no with that, I am really, really done responding to this pointless discussion. Oh, and LW, excellent comments concerning both this and that ridiculous thread on Heinz-Kerry.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
She was not charged because it was an accident, and accidents happen. This society used accept the fact that accidents happen but not any more. We have become a society which looks for an ultimate causes and then prosecutes no matter how foolish. That is why a mother in my state was recently prosecuted and convicted of a felony for keeping a messy house as the ultimate cause for her 12 year old son's suicide. The constant bullying the boy was subject to at school was considered mere childs play.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
I have knowledge of the circumstances, Laura Laura Bush ran a stop sign and killed a man. If someone ran a stop sign and killed my son and didn't get charged, there is not a shred of doubt how I would react. What is really strange is that the family of the victim didn't demand justice. Maybe things were taken care of behind the scenes. Of course, it is all speculation. But the point remains that killing a man and getting away with not even a traffic ticket is highly unusual. And killing a man is a lot more serious than telling someone off.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:41 pm
Harper wrote:
Of course, it is all speculation.

Bingo!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:42 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
It's just another case of trying to defend the evils of one side by demonstrating the impurity of the other side. It's a typical leftist tactic that allows them to avoid actually dealing with an issue.

And besides, Bill Clinton got a blowjob!
Laughing (i may be late with that but i just read it)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:55 pm
Maybe they didn't make charges as much as they do now over everything. It is odd any way you look at it that she didn't get charged when a death was involved over her violating a stop sign. It must of been a big deal then for anyone to know of it now.

I imagine that she feels terrible about it and it is over and she is not running for office.

Lastly, to think that a republican wouldn't use this story no matter how old or whose wife, Kerry's or Edwards or any other high profile democrat or spouse is a joke.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:55 pm
Very true.
But they get highly offended if democrats try to do the same. Righteous republicans!
0 Replies

dollylama

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:35 pm
Laura Bush
I have to interject here, first of all, there is NO COMPARISON between killing someone and telling a reporter (who has in the recent past purposely and intentionally misquoted you) to shove it AND the second highest official in the land using "FU" on the floor of Congress.

What concerns me is that this was no stranger (the "man" you all are referring to) but a school mate who was a former boyfriend, and isn't it strange they way documents in that family seem to just disappear, over and over again? Coincidence? I think not.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:06 pm
"A lot more serious non-issue".....................that says it all.

Get a life girl! LOLOLOLOL
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:11 am
Re: What's worse? Telling a reporter off or manslaughter?
Harper wrote:
On the evening of 6 November 1963, two days after her 17th birthday, Laura Welch failed to stop her Chevy sedan at a stop sign and smashed into a Corvair being driven by a school chum, Michael Douglas, also 17. Laura and her passenger, Judy Dykes, were treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital, where they learned that Douglas had died from his injuries. No police charges were filed, apparently, but paperwork from the accident is missing or unclear and the details of the incident are a bit of a mystery. Now Laura Welch is married to U. S. president George W. Bush ..."
---------------------------
No charges filed. Pretty amazing, huh?

Note: All following comments are seasoned with just a touch of sarcasm.

Rolling Eyes "When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible." Laura says fluttering eyelashes. Pitchfork carrying mob is smitten with her charm and lower their weapons.

Leader of pitchfork carrying mob raises weapon above his head and is heard proclaiming, Twisted Evil "How about that bit(h Teresa Heinz-Kerry. Are we gonna allow her to tell off the conservative news media that is bent on portraying her as an evil, money hungry slut bent on nickel and diming us to death with her Heinz products?"
Shocked
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:26 am
joefromchicago wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
It's just another case of trying to defend the evils of one side by demonstrating the impurity of the other side. It's a typical leftist tactic that allows them to avoid actually dealing with an issue.

And besides, Bill Clinton got a blowjob!

Damnit, this was the last pair of pants I own that didn't have a coffee stain. Thanks, Joe.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:24 am
Someone ask Mary Jo Kopechne what she thinks about this....................oh wait never mind.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:59 pm
shaggydog wrote:
"A lot more serious non-issue".....................that says it all.

Get a life girl! LOLOLOLOL

Doesn't quite say it all as you quoted me out of context, one of the right's fasvotite way to deceive!

BTW I have a fabulous life, film and stage actress, stand-up comic, musician, songwriter, pundit and activist.
0 Replies