What's worse? Telling a reporter off or manslaughter?

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:12 am
Theresa Heinz-Kerry's Big Sin: Teling a reporter off

Laura Bush's Big Sin: Manslaughter

Now in the interest of truth, let me note that Laura Bush was NOT convicted of manslughter but from the reports I have read concerning her running a stop sign and kiling a person, she might/should have been prosecuted for manslaughter.

http://www.who2.com/accidentalkillers.html

On the evening of 6 November 1963, two days after her 17th birthday, Laura Welch failed to stop her Chevy sedan at a stop sign and smashed into a Corvair being driven by a school chum, Michael Douglas, also 17. Laura and her passenger, Judy Dykes, were treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital, where they learned that Douglas had died from his injuries. No police charges were filed, apparently, but paperwork from the accident is missing or unclear and the details of the incident are a bit of a mystery. Now Laura Welch is married to U. S. president George W. Bush and is known around the world as LAURA BUSH. The story made national news during the presidential election of 2000, but little new information came to light. At the time her spokesman, Andrew Malcolm, said "To this day Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it."

---------------------------
No charges filed. Pretty amazing, huh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,519 • Replies: 37
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:31 am
Amazing? Not really. Since nobody seems to know the details and the paperwork is missing or unclear, I don't see how anyone can make any type of judgement or compare this to anything. Accidents happen quite often for which no charges are filed, even fatal ones. So why make a big deal of this other than out of hatred for the Bushes?

Of course, I did not think what Heinz-Kerry did was that big a deal either. Partisans on both sides like to voice when someone from the opposing side "sins" (in your words).

That said, if Mrs. Bush was running for office as opposed to her husband, then this maybe, (only maybe) becomes an issue. But even then, one incident from 30 or so years ago is not all that relevent. If the Heinz-Kerry thing should be an issue (which I don't think it should), it at least has the relevency of being more immediate timewise.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:33 am
It's just another case of trying to defend the evils of one side by demonstrating the impurity of the other side. It's a typical leftist tactic that allows them to avoid actually dealing with an issue.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:48 am
Coastal Rat, I will type slowly so you can understand, she ran a stop sign and killed a man and didn't get charged with a n y t h i n g! You are in denial.

Maybe the press should keep badgering her about this until she finally loses her temper and tells them to Cheney off!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:50 am
LMAO, McGee characterizes telling a reporter off as an evil. I wouldn't even characterize what Laura did as an "evil." But I guess Mc thinks Laura is an evil-doer!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:52 am
McGentrix wrote:
It's just another case of trying to defend the evils of one side by demonstrating the impurity of the other side. It's a typical leftist tactic that allows them to avoid actually dealing with an issue.

And besides, Bill Clinton got a blowjob!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:56 am
Furthermore, McGee, THK telling a reporter off is a non-issue. So no one is avoiding an issue. Perhaps, Laura Bush killing a man is a non-issue too but it is a alot more serious non-issue.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 08:59 am
McG likely thinks eating Escargot is evil. He is, after all, the model of purity.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:00 am
Too much of the campaign is tattle-tailing and brushing off old skeletons. People are sat looking for something about which to complain... like the H. Kerry incident. Everyone gets annoyed sometimes; the list of politicians who said 'buzz off,' or whatever, must be huge. Killing someone is far more serious than that, and shows the pettiness of the complaints against HK.

--Still, it's neither Laura Bush nor Heinz-Kerry standing for election.

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:01 am
Harper wrote:
Coastal Rat, I will type slowly so you can understand, she ran a stop sign and killed a man and didn't get charged with a n y t h i n g! You are in denial.

Maybe the press should keep badgering her about this until she finally loses her temper and tells them to Cheney off!

Harper, I will refrain from typing slowly because I do not wish to resort to smearing your intelligence, but she was not charged for some reason. I will not put myself in the position of the investigators and assume she should have been charged. I guess you have every right to assume she should have been, but then from your snide remark about typing slowly I would guess that you believe you know better than the people who investigated the accident.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:02 am
Harper wrote:
Furthermore, McGee, THK telling a reporter off is a non-issue. So no one is avoiding an issue. Perhaps, Laura Bush killing a man is a non-issue too but it is a alot more serious non-issue.

Have you seen me making an issue of it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
I have to say that since there was no charge or trial, then even though Laura Bush killed that guy with her car, technically no crime took place.

Perhaps better to say which is the more serious error in judgement or more grave mistake?

I do however, perfectly get your point.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

I have to say that since there was no charge or trial, then even though Laura Bush killed that guy with her car, technically no crime took place.

Perhaps better to say which is the more serious error in judgement or more grave mistake?

0 Replies

Harper

McGee, yes! You just accused me avoiding the issue.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:04 am
It's a grave (sic) mistake for sure -- I don't believe telling this particular reporter off was in any way off base and in no way comparable. We're still talking about it and it's stale news already.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:05 am
McGentrix wrote:

Here McGee refers to avoiding the "issue" of THK telling off a reporter here.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:06 am
You brought it up, You seem to want to keep it an issue.

I rank it right up there with Cheney's remark. Sometimes people need to be directed as such.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:07 am
You know there is an issue here. Why is it that so much of the paper trail of the Bushes comes up missing? George's father was the head of the CIA...hmmmmmm...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

A voice of reason rears its head. Did Mrs. Bush make a mistake when she possibly was at fault in causing the accident which led to this man's death? Absolutely. And had charges been filed she would have had to face the consequences of her actions. But for whatever reason, charges were not filed. It was what, 30 years ago!!!!

Did Mrs. Kerry show a lack of judgement in telling a reporter to shove it? Maybe, but quite honestly I sure don't blame her. And of course it can in no way be compared with Mrs. Bush's error. But neither is worthy of continued discussion here as far as I am concerned.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:13 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Harper wrote:

Harper, I will refrain from typing slowly because I do not wish to resort to smearing your intelligence, but she was not charged for some reason. I will not put myself in the position of the investigators and assume she should have been charged. I guess you have every right to assume she should have been, but then from your snide remark about typing slowly I would guess that you believe you know better than the people who investigated the accident.

The last traffic ticket I got was for making a "rolling stop" negotiating a right turn at a stop sign. Laura Bush ran a stop sign and killed a man and didn't even get a ticket! I really have to question anyone's thought process who would deny that that is, at the very least, a bit unusual.
0 Replies