Do I tell my boyfriend?

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 03:01 pm
My boyfriend and I had a rough summer. We weren't getting along. I was feeling more independent, and was going out with friends more often, etc. After the summer, we got in a big fight and he broke up with me. I was devastated, but I knew we had been having some issues that would need to be worked out if we were to be together. I was shocked that he would rather break up than fix things, but I sadly accepted it. A few weeks later a friend of his (acquaintance really, he isn't too fond of this guy) asked me for dinner. I went thinking we could be casual friends, but at the end of the dinner (and after too much wine) he ended up kissing me and in my drunken state we made out for a few minutes. I then told him I thought it was really inappropriate and went home. I was not at all interested in this guy just feeling very emotional and vulnerable after my breakup.

Well, now my boyfriend has come back and is willing to work on all of our issues. I love him so much and want to work things out. I told him I had kissed someone while we were broken up because I felt so guilty about it. But I did not tell him who it was (that he knows/used to be casual friends with the guy). The question is, do I confess who it was?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 954 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 03:06 pm
@AshleyNixon,
Quote:
The question is, do I confess who it was?

No. Hold back on these "confessions".
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 03:11 pm
@AshleyNixon,
It sort of depends on what kind of person that acquaintance you kissed is. If you can trust him to keep his mouth shut about it, I would not say anything, as it would only tear apart what you are trying to mend right now.

But if he is the type to brag, it's probably best to tell your boyfriend and hope for the best... He will probably be pissed off (although, as Ross would always say to Rachel: 'We were on a break!'), but if he hears it through the grapevine or worse, if the unlikable acquaintance brags to him in his face, things will probably be a whole lot worse.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 04:20 pm
Wait a minute . . .

HE broke up with you. HE pushed you away rather than work on things.

So HE can deal with whatever happened when you two were apart.

Why do you think you even need an explanation about your life when it was HE who pushed you away during that time?

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 04:26 pm
I see the points of both views, but will say NO.

You were broken up: it is none of his business. If he somehow finds out, which is possible but also fairly unlikely and then gets all jealous, then that is his problem as it would be inappropriate for him to be put off by that.

I assume you are a young woman learning about love. A person who breaks up with you doesn't somehow own you. Have some esteem for yourself.

Also, he doesn't have to tell you about his encounters either.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 11:48 am
Gotta agree with those saying it is none of his business. Is isn't. You were free to do what you wanted and with who you wanted since the two of you had split up.
0 Replies

josephbott

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 12:37 am
You should tell this your boy friend if you have well trust in him.It will more useful for you on next time .Because the boy friend would be more careful in your matter,after he got know this issue, there won t be any problem at all.It will protect you.I am sure.
0 Replies