I don't care who Clinton is/or was boinking

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:03 pm
His speech was just what the Party needed. I thought it was brilliant.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,816 • Replies: 45
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:16 pm
I agree. The modern world places far too much emphasis on leaders' personalities rather than their ideals. Forget Monica Lewinsky. Forget Bush Jr's jaunts as a kid that got him into trouble. They're past.

Think of their political choices; their policies; their statutes. Then weigh them up that way, and come to a conclusion.

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm
I agree.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:57 pm
No doubt about it. This was Clinton's shining moment
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:05 pm
The problem with that speech is that it sat a very high bar for Kerry to jump on Thursday. It will be the standard against which all speakers at the convention will be judged.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:09 pm
I can't help feeling Al Gore's fatal mistake was in refusing campaign help from Clinton. Most days, I wish Kerry would make the same error.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:23 pm
Kerry does not set my hair on fire but given the alternative...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:29 pm
right now kennedy is speaking and he's sounding pretty hostile. not good. he's spewing invective about bush and raising up kerry. i'm not sold on kerry, but i'm still voting for him. but there are a number of undecided voter's who will hear kennedy and it will negate clinton's speech. s***.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:32 pm
agreed, acqiunk, i think you've heard me say this about kerry-- when he speaks he sounds like he's on the deck of a yacht, wearing an ascot.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:40 pm
ooo, more trouble, gephart is speaking, more platitudes.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:41 pm
Bill rocked the house. It's been a few years since I heard an intelligent, charasmatic president give a speech. He was right on target. Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:51 pm
It's more of a sin to boink a consenting woman than to kill 10,000 innocent Iraqis. That's the bottom line value of the neocons. You see, Bush and his criminals did it for the Iraqi people. Edit: did it "to" the Iraqi people.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:33 pm
Oh heck, I don't care who he was boinking either.

But I do care that he was involved in the murders of two people, that he embezzled money from the government, that he virually ignored foreign relations except to open trade with the human-rights non-existent China (and probably loosing Russa), and that he was pushing for a one-world government system which would screw America.

The man's got charisma out the wazoo, but that doesn't make him a good president.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
Portal Star wrote:
But I do care that he was involved in the murders of two people, that he embezzled money from the government, that he virually ignored foreign relations except to open trade with the human-rights non-existent China (and probably loosing Russa), and that he was pushing for a one-world government system which would screw America..

Where did this come from? It is little more than a warmed over John Birch Society screed from the 50's.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:32 am
I care that he got rich selling pardons to criminals--at least one, who made millions from the Oil For Food program.

Makes Nixon look like a Boy Scout...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:46 am
well, portal star, seeing as news of clinton's murderous past is a new one on me, you may as well add to his homicidal cache and include all the fetuses he murdered because he supported abortion rights.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:16 am
Roger, Wink wiseguy!
I disagree about Kennedy, I think. He said what needs to be said. They all can't give the same sppech!
Did anybody see Dukakis' response to a reporter who asked him about Kerry donning a chemical suit? Smile pretty sweet. Dukakis told the reporter, in essence, that they might want to focus on more important things, and asked why reporters were letting something so stupid be dictated to them as the story to pursue. I almost felt bad for the reporter, but Dukakis' point was quite valid.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:38 am
Repeal the 22nd Amendment.......................!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:40 am
Don't wish for something you'll regret later.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:44 am
I have serious reservations about anyone running for President, who would allow himself to be photographed looking so utterly retarded. Where's the judgement? On hands and knees with that nutty look...

I LOL every time I see it. I mean, seriously; is there anyone who doesn't think he looks retarded?

Dukakis should thank his lucky stars. It took something as ludicrous as that crazy picture to wipe Dukakis' tank maneuvers from the annals of Worst Photo Op.

I defy any future Dem candidate to top it!
0 Replies