*edited to fix formatting*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,741 • Replies: 39
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 11:55 am
Why should you be so scared of democracy, if you believe that Bush has done a good job?

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:06 pm
Phew! I'm so glad to hear of this return of the left. Perhaps I will be ambidextrous again (it's been a problem since the last US election, umm, I mean accident).
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:11 pm
In the 1600s, they thought that being a lefty was dangerous, because it meant that one had more capacity than the average, right-(handed) people. They were often burnt. Look at how much has changed.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:13 pm
I'm still wondering why McGentrix should publish articles and post here with a regular fear of the popular vote. If Bush has done well enough to be elected by the majority, why be scared of people's free will?

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:15 pm
Quote:

All I can say is Amen!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:19 pm
I'm not sure what you mean Drom.

I don't fear the popular vote, I fear an extremist liberal taking office and screwing things up worse than they are.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I don't fear the popular vote, I fear an extremist liberal taking office and screwing things up worse than they are.

Be afraid. Be verrry afraid.

In fact, you should stay in bed with the covers over your head until at least November 3rd. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:24 pm
What? And waste my vote for Kerry?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:26 pm
Go back in your bedroom, get under the covers, and stay there until I tell you to come out, young man. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I fear an extremist liberal taking office and screwing things up worse than they are.

I see what you mean, McGentrix. So, do you fear that this has a good likelihood of occuring?

0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:33 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I fear an extremist liberal taking office and screwing things up worse than they are.

I see what you mean, McGentrix. So, do you fear that this has a good likelihood of occuring?

Actually, not a snowball's chance in Hell.
The Democratic Convention should be able to sink that particular fear.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:41 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:

Actually, not a snowball's chance in Hell.
The Democratic Convention should be able to sink that particular fear.
Twisted Evil

So you can go back in your bedroom, no need to get under the covers, and stay there until the angel of revenge tells you to come out.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
Re: The Return of the Left
Tod Lindberg wrote:

Yep, sounds like a pretty good summary of Fahrenheit 9/11. And its true of course - if thats the best the Left can come up with, we are indeed in trouble.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:03 pm
(Incidentally, I was waiting for people to confirm how much they fear 'extremist' liberals getting power, for, if one fears that the people shall vote for extremists, one has some fear about democracy in action.)

0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:13 pm
"Extremist liberals"? What a hoot.

Used to be we were supposed to be afraid of Communists. Now it's the extremist liberals who are bent on world domination? Sounds like jumping on the chair because a mouse entered the room.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:45 pm
Re: The Return of the Left
nimh wrote:
Tod Lindberg wrote:

Yep, sounds like a pretty good summary of Fahrenheit 9/11. And its true of course - if thats the best the Left can come up with, we are indeed in trouble.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:53 pm
Ah - RedHeat has found me, it appears :wink:

RedHeat, FYI - not that it should necessarily make any difference - I consider myself a proud Leftist. The Democratic Party to me is a centrist party of wishy-washy credentials. And yet I think we can do a lot better than what Moore gives us.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:56 pm
nimh wrote:
Ah - RedHeat has found me Very Happy

RedHeat, FYI - not that it should necessarily make any difference - I consider myself a proud Leftist. The Democratic Party to me is a centrist party of wishy-washy credentials. And yet I think we can do a lot better than what Moore gives us.

Moore is first a GREEN not a Democrat and he's not the sole provider of anything. He is his own man, he doesn't speak for the party but shares their ideals. I think people need to get past this idea that Moore is the ONLY one who is out there representing the Democrats or Liberals for that matter. It's a very diverse party that's what makes it great. He is not the begin and end all. I like some of his stuff, I think sometimes he goes a bit overboard but he says what he feels and I respect that. He stands up for what he believes in and I respect that. He says a lot I agree with but I don't agree with all.

He's one man. Not an entire movement.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:59 pm
That's why he was sitting in the presedential box last night at the DNC...
0 Replies