The Official Denver Gathering Thread

bigdice67

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:44 am
Guess who's gonna hang out in the lobby looking for y'all!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:16 am
I know Bob has a reservation. He's part Cherokee.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
well yeah but I'm willing to stay there anyway.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 09:07 am
Got your call last night, bigdice. Sorry you had to deal with voice mail.

Looks like the Official Denver Gathering thread is gone, but after the weekend, who will ever know. See ya
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:53 pm
Waiting to hear from BigD and Urs. I think they fly back to Germany on Sunday--maybe Saturday. I mentioned a little of our stay in Denver on, I think, the 'What Made You Smile Today' thread.

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the rest of the love bird's vacation and maybe see some pictures! Be sure to post pics of BigD in his Stetson and then Urs in BigD's Stetson. She, with her high cheek bones, looks stunning in hats.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:09 am
We are home! The weather is grey and cold here in Germany...

We had a wonderful week driving around in Colorado and Utah. Dys, that was a great recommendation! We had the greatest time looking at the canyons and mountains. What a breathtaking landscape!

So, this is what we did after we left ( Crying or Very sad ) Diane, Dys and Roger:

Sunday - we didn't do much but admire the stuff we bought... and then walked up to Colorado Mills for dinner. My new boots are great!!! Laughing

Monday morning I had to work. We spent the afternoon in downtown Denver, the sun was shining, we had a great time.

Tuesday we left the Denver area for new adventures. We saw Buffalo Bill's grave and my first view of Denver from above. Wonderful! Then we stopped whenever something looked interesting. Had lunch in Vail. We spent the night in Glenwood Springs.

Wednesday we left early and drove through the Colorado National Monument. WOW!!!! We went on towards Utah... They have signs at the side of the highway warning of eagles on the road... and dust storms!!!

We made it to Moab for lunch, found a hotel there, dropped our stuff and went on to Arches National Park. What an experience!

On Thursday morning we drove to Dead Horse Point. Yes, Dys, that is absolutely breathtaking. You were right!

We drove on to Monticello and spent the night in Montrose - a small town on the way... Good food!

Friday took us back to Denver - we went through Aspen which is probably a lot more interesting in ski season... Then up Independence Pass - I had a great time driving up :-) Finally, we ended at the Ramada Inn in downtown Denver.

Some last minute shopping on Saturday. We had to get a big bag, too...

And then we had to leave the sunshine, blue sky and magnificent views of Colorado...

I will upload the pictures from my digital camera tomorrow and the rest will be there as soon as I get the CD ROM. You will find that in my albums: Urs53's pictures

Oh, the first week in Denver... That was great, too. I worked at our US office and met a lot of nice people there. And then there were Roger, Diane and Dyslexia. Thanks for coming to see us, friends! It was so good to see you again, Diane and Roger. And a privilege to finally meet you, Bob!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:31 pm
Urs and BigD, we can hardly wait for your pictures. Thank heaven you enjoyed the places Dys suggested; he has explored all of the Southwest for lots of years and knows the prettiest places. Maybe when you come bac, he can take us all to a couple of places that few tourists ever find.

You two are a great couple, a couple of love birds that are always fun to be with. So when will you be back????
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Oh, Diane - I hope we will be back soon. It would be perfect to travel with Dys and you. We have to plan that for the next trip.

But first it is your turn to come to Europe. I can hardly wait!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:44 am
I don't think there are any pics with me and my new hat... Gotta fix that!

HONEY!!! git that camera going!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:47 am
Great diary, and great to have you home, here at A2K.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 08:26 am
It' good to be back here, thank you, and with the cats, but that thing that I have to do everyday-- job? Sheeesh, could do without it, dude!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:14 am
bigdice67 wrote:
I don't think there are any pics with me and my new hat... Gotta fix that!

HONEY!!! git that camera going!

There are pictures of BD with his new hat.... of course!!!! Laughing

Pictures will be there by the weekend!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:31 pm
Alright, there is one picture with the hat... And most of the Colorado pictures can now be admired at: Colorado Pictures
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 08:54 pm
Fine, really fine.
0 Replies