roger

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:41 pm
panzade wrote:
The beer Roger, the beer.

Good point, panzade. Very good point.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:53 am
There's gotta be some kinda brew that I can drink... And yeah, panzade, I am REALLY gonna miss the beach, and y'all!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:56 am
BTW, I miss the beach all the time here, in the middle of Europe, 600 miles from the nearest ocean... Damn, just where did my mom go wrong? Oh, wait, my bad, I was the one that moved away from Sweden...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:03 pm
Hey you guys!!! Finally I got on and found the right thread.

Can hardly wait to see you all--Urs, Stefan, Roger.
Ditto on Coors beer. Especially for those from Germany, you'll think it's water or something else that is yellow...

If Dys and I and Roger can coordinate, we'll all meet at the same time.

Do you think it might be in your plans to visit Santa Fe? It is always beautiful and at that time of year it is glorious.

Oh boy, oh boy, it will be sooooo good to see you all again!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:36 pm
Got your pm Diane and might as well answer here. I will be trying for friday and saturday nights (1 & 2 October) at the same hotel as Stefan & Urs, but I haven't tried for reservations yet. Depending on the work schedule, I may have to shorten up the visit to just Saturday, but I really can't see that happening, and may be able to extend the trip by a day. I forwarded the name of the hotel to Dys. If Urs and Bigdice are still thinking of a side trip to Colorado Springs, with a sub side trip to the outlet mall in Castle Rock, we might make that on my last day, as it would save some driving time for me. Diane, do you have any input on the mall, or anything else in the area we might want to take in. My life in Denver ended in 1981.

The restaurant I want to take in is either Paisan's, or Paisano's - if it's still there. No longer can I pig out as I would like, but could still take a small sniff of the capelleno (all spellings phonetic.)

Sure, Diane, give my email address to anyone you want. It's ah, ahem, in my profile anyway, if I remember correctly.

You know, when the Union Pacific built the railroad, there were only two cities in the West - Denver and Salt Lake City. They missed both of them. Now, there's only five of us making plans to meet?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:49 pm
I'd be there if I could...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:50 pm
<sigh>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 08:57 pm
Oh Osso, it would be that much better if you could join us. Any possibility?

Roger, we will try for reservations at the same hotel for that weekend. Bob and I thought Colorado Springs would be a good place because of the Garden of the Gods. It is spectacular. The outlets at Castle Rock are OK, but I don't think they are any better than most outlets in any part of the country. I don't know if there are any in Germany, so it might be a new experience for Urs and Stefan.

Your trip home would be shorter if they go to Castle Rock first, then the Springs. I would love for them to drive on down to Santa Fe, but the distances in this part of the country are enormous compared to those in Europe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:44 pm
No, I'm just lurkin'.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:08 pm
Lurk away, sweetie. We will raise a toast to you when we all meet. What's your favorite booze?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
drive up tp fort collins for some Budweiser!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:52 pm
Me? Just about always a single malt scotch on a big batch of ice cubes, always more ice cubes than any bartender, much less anyone in italy, wants to put in a glass. I have become a connoisseur of ice fear.

osso
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 12:34 am
BBB
BBB
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:16 pm
Hey Bumble, is the BBB short for Benedictine?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:07 pm
Benedictine, brandy, and brilliant conversation..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:42 pm
BBB
I've only tasted B & B once and I thought it was going to burn out my insides.

BBB Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:44 pm
Yeh, that's the stuff..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:50 pm
Better to have a really good brandy.

We, my ex and I, have a friend who is from Vietnam; we met him when he cooked at a restaurant in Hollywood, and worked at Sears, and also did third job, can't remember what. - I think food delivery for some distributor. His food was among the best I've ever eaten. He got to be more and more successful as a vietnamese cook, back before it was trendy, but now owns a large Chinese restaurant, as he has gone back to his Chiuchow (spelling?) roots. But, the point is, whenever we walked in, he would bring some Special Tea to our table and a couple of glasses filled with ice. I think it was one of the younger Remy Martin cognacs in that little silver pot.

Last time we visited him, in his new big Chinese restaurant, he gave us each a glass from the $1000. bottle, menu price. Well, that was then, it is probably worth 2x that now. He had an elaborate collection of cognacs of different ages. Yes, it was good. Did not gouge esophageal cells as it trickled through your digestive tract...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:40 am
You're talking yourself into going to Denver, aren't you, ossobuco? Huh? Huh!?
0 Replies