over boundry?

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:08 am
My boyfriend still talks to his ex. He has told her that he misses her and that he will never love anyone the way he loves her. She told him she's without husband and without children and she doesn't know what she's supposed to be doing and he told her he wanted to be all that she's missing now. They talk about what their sex life was like. He has told me they just quit talking and never had any closure. They didn't talk for 2 years and then he started talking to her again when I was 4 months pregnant. He says they are just friends and that there is nothing wrong with the things they talk about or say to each other. I do. Am I wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 484 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:24 am
@exhausted ,
You have my sincere sympathy.

With this post plus your other post, frankly, it appears as though this man is toxic to you. This is more than one show-stopper here because he refuses to get professional help, based on your other post about his being molested, his fixation on older women plus his attachment to his ex). Either he's providing a lot of excuses or this is a case of irreconcilable differences. Life (and your ultimate happiness) is bound to be greater without this man in it.

Good luck with getting out of this toxic waste-land.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:26 am
@exhausted ,
In a general sense, I think it's good for people to remain friends with exes, but ...

this ....

exhausted wrote:

He has told her that he misses her and that he will never love anyone the way he loves her.

is a problem.

I'd suggest professional counselling/advice/support around this. Ask your boyfriend if he will go with you. If he will not, go on your own and develop a plan on how you are going to handle things going forward.

Good luck.
0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:06 am
@exhausted ,
good morning,

i cannot offer advice, unless i am certain you are not gonna trust it, and will only consider it without faulty influence.

just a point that might make a difference.

the only barometer i would use, is his performance towards you, if that seems hopeful,
all the alarms would serve me, to ensure the best job possible, in analyzing his behaviour towards you, not more,
because i assume a lot of that type of panic to be traditional, cultural, but not realistically relevant universally.

note. i have not read the thread, aware about info in this post only.

wish you the best.
0 Replies