Moore On The Floor....Ann In The Can....

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 11:58 am
No, no, no. She specifically targetted the Ashcroft protest march. Implying that for some reason she should be fearful of the almighty Ashcroft like he was the boogieman.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:02 pm
I admit that security is going to be more compromising, and thus must needs be increased, at protests and the like; this is obvious.

I wonder, however, whether POM feels intimidated under other circumstances?

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
I spoke with other women my age at the Ashcroft protest and we all felt more afraid than we did during the 60s because the government has grown bigger and, frankly, from the sort of unenlightened conservatism of that time into a purposefully evil conservatism that is the legacy of the Nixon White House.

I had hoped McGentrix would have acted like an adult when asked a simple question but he continues to dig himself and the people and the party he speaks for as childish and bullying and without thought.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:52 am
As for whether I feel intimidated under other circumstances, I have always been a fighter for justice and for the under-dog. As I said above, I marched for Martin and against Vietnam. I certainly wasn't frightened during the 1960s but then, I did not have children and grandchildren.

While I am a Jungian introvert, I have always made my living by communicating and have been a teacher, social worker, museum docent, journalist and disc jockey. I have spoked up at public meetings, including an event sponsored by MassINC that was around the time of the protest.

The thugs of the Republican party are just that .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:53 am
You still have not explained why you were afraid.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:10 am
I did explain why: the current government is too big and too bad. With all those loose cannons in Washington, there is nothing they would stop at, including injuring a 5'2", size 6 grandmother!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
Ok, so it's an irrational paranoia that frightened you. I can understand that. I'm sure that you are not the only one.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:17 am
No, it is not irrational paranoia. The bush administration is a threat to everyone.

BTW, since this thread is partially titled, Ann in the Can, it is with smiles that I announce that the bleached one with the flabby thighs has been fired by USA Today.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:26 am
How? You seem to think that they were going to jump out from behind a tree and whisk you off to Guantanamo. The Bush administration has no history of doing such things, never has a protest or protester been abducted by men in black (to my knowledge). In fact, I don't even recall the Bush administration even threatening a protester. So, with no history of harming protetsers, your fear does appear irrational.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
McGentrix,

I have assumed that you are more than 60 by your writing style and position. You must remember the 1960s when there was optimism. You can not be so naive not to recognize that the bush administration is pure evil.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:14 am
Pure evil... please. That's nonsense.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:22 am
Well, there you are right. Overstated and undernourished rhetoric will not a point make.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
Did anyone make the point yet that Ann Coulter is a complete hottie and that I'd like to have her ride me like a pogo stick for about four to six hours?
0 Replies