My Boyfriend Smokes Weed

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 08:52 am
Ok, so my boyfriend smokes weed, at least 4 or more times a day. And I don't have a problem with that at all. What my problem is, is that he uses it to control all of his emotions. He says it puts him in a better mood, which I get. But it always seems like when he doesn't have any, or the money to get any after he's smoked it up, he gets in a real pissy mood and takes it out on me.
Like yesterday, he picked me up from work and I could tell he was in a bad mood. I knew he had worked all day but I figured he was just tired and had a bad day. We stopped at a friends house where he was all happy and cheery and laughing and joking. But as soon as we got home his mood changed. He was barely talking to me, and I thought maybe I had did something wrong. Then he got pissed off about our neighbor playing loud music, which wasn't really all that loud but the bass was turned up. He got up to go say something to the neighbor and I just knew something bad was about to happen. He walked out into the hallway of our apartment building but I guess decided not to do anything at all. He still had an attitude with me. But after he smoked he was in a better mood and apologized. He told me the reason was because he hadn't smoked all day.
And then the situation that happens more often is when he will have just smoked maybe 20mins ago or so. And I know that a high doesn't last long. But the minute that I'll scoot closer to him to maybe cuddle or whatever, he'll push me away and say that he's about to get high. And that's the part about him smoking that really gets on my nerves.
I've talked to him about it, numerous times. And he basically tells me to get over it. I'm not a high maintenance person, and I'm not clingy either. But it seems like he always has to be high to show me some affection. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,043 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:40 am
@A11J15H92,
Quote:
What should I do?

You say "our" apartment building - does that mean you live together? If so, that makes my suggestion harder, because it is "Dump him and next time don't go for a pothead".
A11J15H92

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:43 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thank you for replying. Yes, we live together. And I didn't find out that he smoked as often as he did until after a month of us living together. I guess I should've made clear that on many other aspects of our relationship that he is a great boyfriend.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:01 am
@A11J15H92,
I know people who occasionally smoke weed to relax themselves. They don't seem to have any behavioral issues. I don't know anyone that smokes as much as you say your boyfriend does. Four times per day seems really excessive.
0 Replies

OregonFlyBy

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 03:32 pm
Usually, but not in every case of course, smoking pot makes people want to try new things and therefore new drugs. You know your mate best, so if he is very dear to you, just tell him what you feel. Honesty is the best policy. It could even be, that he is willing to go to rehab of some sort, if quitting isn't possible. Pot is also dangerous in a long run, like any other drug. So, try to help him gently if it's possible Smile
0 Replies

Paulstev

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 04:45 am
Tell him your feeling, but you can't force him to stop.
0 Replies