Is the Deprovera dangerous to your reproductive organs?

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:29 am
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General to Medical News

I've been on the shot for a little over 2 years. I do have side effects such as weight gain, no period, hair loss, mood swings, and rarely sexual desire. I don't mind the side effects as they keep me from getting pregnant but I was wondering if there was any dangerous side effects that would keep me from getting pregnant in the future. Can it hurt your ovaries or any of your reproductive organs? I am really worried, if anybody has any insight, it would really help. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 972 • Replies: 1
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:34 am
Yes , yes, yes , yes!!
That stuff is awful for a womans body.
I have been a nurse for 9 years. And speaking from experience....( I used that for 3 years as well )
Depo is a hormone based birthcontrol. Like all others. But it contains triple the amounts that the pill does. With that much estrogen in a womans body , our chances of endometerosis, breast cancer , ovarian cancer, and cervical cacner goes through the roof! All of the female cancers feed off of estrogen. When there is an unbalanced amount in a womans body , her organs try to ''absorb it'' so to speak. The excess feeds the cancerous cells and it begins to spread. Once you have a cancer of your reproductiv organs, the only thing to do that is 40-50% effective is lower your OWN natural estrogen amount. That would mean not only would you have to stop all b/c but you would have to take medicine that would lower your amounts as well. Like steroids.
Find something else to use. If not for health reasons, then just to get your sex drive back, loose the weight and have your natural energy levels return.
0 Replies