feeling better today

mchalel

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 10:57 am
but still a little confused...I went and saw a psychologist. I've only had one appt so far, she seemed nice. I told her of my situation. She didnt offer much opinon, just listened. When i mentioned the stuff abuot my most recent ex and him telling me about his past she did agree with me that some of his behavior had been trashy and that i have the right to set the standard for what i do and dont want to hear...honestly i just need to find a nice guy who hasnt been a pig in his past...are there any out there...not that i need any now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 795 • Replies: 7
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:06 pm
I have read your posts about your situation since you started writing. What is it about this other guy's past that should affect your present?

0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:55 pm
re
nothing.

I just found it hard to continue a relationship with him when i knew so many sexual details he'd had with other women. I only want to think about him with ME not the others he told me about.
0 Replies

briarwizard

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 02:12 pm
Re: feeling better today
mchalel wrote:
i just need to find a nice guy who hasnt been a pig in his past...are there any out there...not that i need any now.

Do you mean you want to know all the details as long as he wasn't a "pig" or do you want his past kept secret?

I'm sure nearly everyone you meet will have had sex in the past, maybe sex that doesn't appeal to you. That doesn't make them a "pig" it just makes them human.

But I agree with your psyciatrist, it's not "good form" to discuss in intimate detail past sexual relationships. It's also not good form to ask. Of course that's just my opinion.

If I ever have another relationship, (which hopefully I won't if my marriage can be repaired), the only thing I'll want to know about my partner's past will be learned through STD testing. Get tested, stay safe, and there are some things you don't HAVE to know.

A person's past sex life should be private. Each new partner should be seen as an individual, not one in a series.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:25 pm
It's also not a good idea to discuss psychiatric sessions online. Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but you have the right to privacy in all medical matters, and I hate to see people just waive that right.
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
re
I really dont see anything wrong with the fact that i said i'm getting prof help...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:23 pm
jespah wrote:
It's also not a good idea to discuss psychiatric sessions online. Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but you have the right to privacy in all medical matters, and I hate to see people just waive that right.

I agree, Jes. Anyone can read the pages on this forum without registering, or on most forums, for that matter; one never knows whom anyone is.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:26 pm
Jes didn't say that, mchalel. A lot of us have sought professional help from time to time. It's the smart thing to do. She just said it's not necessarily a good thing to discuss those private sessions online. You'll get a lot of "helpful" advice that isn't really helpful at all. Those sessions are private for a reason!

I wish you the best, and I hope your relationship with your professional counselor brings you clarity and wisdom. We could all use more of that.
0 Replies