How to tell a story in English

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 11:21 pm
How to tell a story in fluent English is a challenge for anyone whose native
tongue is not this language. Now I will try it in a think-and-type manner and
there will be surely many expressions that need to be improved. So your
opinion will be appreciated.

Robbery and the Robber's IQ

A young woman was turning a corner of the street where a robber emerged from nowhere before her:
"Robbery!" He said, with a knife in his hand. "Hand me your money!"
The young lady took aback. "I'm poor. I have no money."
"Well, in that case, I only want 50 dollars from you." The robbery showed her in a compromised manner.
"Oh, yes." The woman replied. "I'm poor but I do have 50 dollars. "
The woman began to search her handbag. Failed there, her told the man:"Please take my cellphone for me first."
The man took over the outdated phone and grunted:"What a crappy stuff! You call it a cellphone?"
"Yes," the lady complained as well, "I've told you I'm poor. Where is my wallet? Well, take the papers for me so that it is convenient to find my wallet." She drew some documents from her handbag and handed them to the man.
"Huh! So many things! You're boring!" The young man impatiently took over the papers.
"I'm going to the police station to apply a residence permit." The woman told him, her hand fumbling for her wallet.
Finally she got it and opened it. It was only a note of 100 dollars there.
"I don't have a note of 50 dollars, just a note of 100." She told him.
"Alright. Give me 100 dollars and I will give you 50-dollar change." The young man promised her.
The woman agreed. She handed him the 100-dollar note and took a 50-dollar note from him.
The young man gave back her cellphone and papers, rightly turned with a gesture of contempt (grumbling "you poor devil!), ready to vanish into thin air.
"Please wait a moment, brother! " The young lady suddenly said. "I've found
a note of 50 dollars in my wallet! Isn't it better that I give it to you and you give me back my 100-dollar note?"
"Yeah, that is better!" The young man appeared awakened, turned around, handed her the 100-dollar note, took the 50 and left immediately with a gesture of contempt ("you poor devil!).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 291 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 07:19 am
@oristarA,
Well, since no one would like to comment it, this thread is abandoned.
Thanks for coming.
0 Replies