Those Loud Motorcycles are...

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 05:57 pm
hate 'em with a passion.
there's a guy in the neighborhood who has a "high-pitched" (for lack of a better adjective) bike, and goes tearing up the street a few times a day. Evil or Very Mad

also detest the ones that set off car alarms as they roar by. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Confused wish the cops would start handing out tickets for disturbing the peace... Idea accumulate enough unpaid tickets, and the offender gets stripped of their license.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,903 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Gala

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:07 pm
add to the list: car stereos at top volume.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:22 pm
I hear ya. I had to move out of the city because the noise was driving me insane.

I hear your pain Region (sigh).
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 04:04 am
Would be an interesting thing to compare the death statistics of loud bikes vs. quieter bikes to debunk the bumper sticker that says 'Loud Pipes Save Lives'...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:44 am
Some of the loudest, most annoying bikes (around here at least) are the "dirt bikes," which have two-stroke enignes, and are therefore wanton polluters as well . . .

I'd shoot the sob's that do it near my house, but i don't own a gun, and i don't hold with shooting folks--so i just close the door and turn up the music.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:10 am
Oh well during the day we get not only the occasional bike but also the weedwhacker chorus. See what you miss by going off to work?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:25 am
I voted the second option. But that could change. At this point, however, I have been kept out of my sleep for nearly two days (OK, a little bit overreacting here) by some stupid biker driving through our neighborhood (preferably around midnight Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:30 am
Quote:
See what you miss by going off to work?

true... but -- you don't have to listen to all the gum-flappers and laughing hyenas on my floor Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:32 am
OK, those punks deserve nothin' but a revoked license, fer sure. but I still like the sound of a big ole Harley... But them dirtbikes and the ricecookers... I don't know, sounds like they want the attention they need so much. And we're not giving them any!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:36 am
Who cares? Let 'em have their fun I say....life is short...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:38 am
wanna talk annoying? A guy a quarter mile from me has a helicopter and a landing pad in his yard. Now that's interesting buzzing over your house.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
Is it a black helicopter? Have they also installed small video cameras in your home? Would you like to buy a tinfoil hat, only slightly used?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:02 am
jespah, I didn't say they were spying on me...my neighbor has a helicopter...he has a landing pad on his property....he comes and goes over the neighborhood a lot.....at one thime my uptight neighborhood association tried to shut him down.....to no avail....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:06 am
Bikes are, you know -- loud. But I definitely prefer a hog rolling by the some jackass on a fluorescent bike who couldn't figure out why "Torque" didn't win any awards.

What kills me is the tricked out Hondas and Acuras with the coffee-can mufflers. Good job, kid; you put a chrome rear-wing spoiler on your $15K front-wheel-drive car and paid someone a bunch of money to make it sound like an out-of-tune lawnmower. And you're proud of that?

(And now my nephew wants to do the same to one of those old utilitarian Mercedes. If I didn't think the kid was a little special I'd fly out to California and smack him upside the head.)
0 Replies

bigeddie

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:49 pm
Off course you need loud cans, get you noticed and saves lives

btw
You've got to check this site out www.trickbitsdirect.co.uk I could not believe the prices. Got my self a paddock stand for £25. Delivery says three days but I got it next day.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:46 pm
Loud motorcycles are normally Harley Davidsons. More evidence that the only difference between a Harley and a Hoover is the position of the dirt bag.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:48 pm
My Honda motorcycle is so quiet that on a busy street you're unlikely to hear it if you're only a yard away.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:58 pm
I've NEVER seen a quiet motorcycle, of ANY make or model. All are louder than 99.9% of cars--either the Harley V-twin roar or the crotch-rocket nitro-fuel vacuum cleaner sound.

I prefer the sound of a strong V8 through dual exhausts.

Well, that or the sound of a Chrysler 392 Hemi with a big blower running 7000RPM through open zoomies, burning a mix of nitromethane & hydrazine. Fuel altereds forever!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:06 pm
I used to think "loud pipes saves lives," but I'm not sure...the exhaust is facing backwards, not foward or sideways.
Anyway, I could care less. I used to be annoyed when I lived on a busy street, and a group of Harleys would bomb by at 1am, all sounding like they didn't have an exhaust.
My roomate has a sweeeet Harley with aftermarket pipes, they're not outrageous, but pretty loud.

My bike is all stock, but it's loud enough where I felt bad for my neighbors last weekend warming it up at 7:45am on Saturday and Sunday, but that's when the choke was on and it was idling at 4K RPM. I actually walked it across the street before I started it on Sunday. It's actually pretty quiet at idle though. My last bike would set car alarms off...I have to admit, it was kind of fun.

I'm with patiodog re: stupid Japanese econo-sh!t boxes with fart-can exhausts. Wow! Your 115hp car now has....115hp and sounds like a loud hair clipper. They're usually not too loud, but stupid looking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:50 pm
I'd rather listen to the loud hawwwwwwgs than a snowmobile anyday. Or night.
0 Replies