Those Loud Motorcycles are...

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
I've NEVER seen a quiet motorcycle, of ANY make or model.

Then you haven't been looking very hard. On numerous occasions I've found myself riding at walking pace behind pedestrians, waiting for them to hear me and get out of the way. They never do.......It's also a good example of why you shouldn't walk on the side of the road in the same direction as the traffic.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:30 pm
Almost anything, even a Harley, is quiet at idle. NEVER have I seen a motorcycle that was quiet at anything above idle. ALL of them are noisy.

I'm on the road for anywhere from 6 to 15 hours every weekday, since I'm a professional driver. I see motorcycles regularly.
0 Replies

Alhazred

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 06:46 am
I hate them and I don't know how the bikers could go around with all that noise.
0 Replies

nate

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:11 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Almost anything, even a Harley, is quiet at idle. NEVER have I seen a motorcycle that was quiet at anything above idle. ALL of them are noisy.

You still haven't been looking very hard. Most bikes, particularly mine, are rather quiet in their stock configurations. No one shows any sign of having heard me coming, even on the freeway at 80. They move out of the way when I'm lanesplitting, only after they see my headlights.

It's entirely possible that you haven't 'seen' a motorcycle that was quiet at anything but idle, because you didn't hear it enough to bother looking. The only motorcycles that are particularly loud are the Harleys with straight pipes and the racer-boys that spend all their time at 10k rpm with race cans installed, and you're going ahead and lumping all the other motorcyclists in with these jackasses.
0 Replies

trailor

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:39 am
i'd like to know where the hell most of you people live, where you move out just because of some loud motorcycles? when i was a kid, these twins that lived down the street had kit motorcycles and built em up themselves, and they were always ridin em down the street or workin on em, occasionally allowing me to watch. As years passed by, they got a few more motorcycles and dirtbikes, etc. and i loved it, especially the midget motocycle they completely restored... and then got stolen from them Sad my next-door neighbor has a green kawasaki, i believe, and theyre always comin and goin. also, i sometimes attend "bike night" at autozone where a whole sh!t-load of bikers come in from all over the city and sport their bikes, do tricks down the street, and race wen the cops aren't patrolling. the races at haynes blvd. also have a good amount of bikers present. about 3 or 4 times a week around 11:30 or midnight, i can hear hundreds of bikes exiting the interstate headed off to some race or bike exhibiton like "bike night." you guys needa loosen up a lil bit and chill out, or just ignore the noise if it really bothers you that much... the only thing that i can find understandably annoying is the harleys that make alarms go off... not the noise the harley makes, but the alarms going off. i live in new orleans, pretty damn big city, and i see or hear at least 15 bikes a day, so all you people out there complainin about one or two bikes you might hear in a week needa stop whinin and grow up! like someone said in an earlier post: life is short, just let em have their fun... theyre not harming you or anyone else, so just leave em alone.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:46 am
I'm surprised Edgar Blythe hasn't showed up on this thread. Seems to me he had a problem with loud bikes not too long ago.

I'm sure he'll show eventually.
0 Replies